Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5g not working on S21 Ultra

(Topic created on: 09-07-2021 08:56 AM)
Russo46
Apprentice
Options

5g has just been rolled out in my country (Gibraltar). To my disappointment, it seems that I'm not able to obtain 5g connectivity due to Samsung not enabling the signal on their mobile phones. It's rather embarrassing that I get iPhone and Xiaomi users rubbing it in my face everyday. I don't think it's fair that us Samsung customers have to wait  for this even though the mobile is marketed and sold as 5g.

Anyone else had this issue before?

Is there anything I could do to speed up the process?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
You can enable it in Network settings ? clipboard_image_1625779690289_1625779690289.jpg
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5g
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
Russo46
Apprentice
Options

Yes it's enabled. Tried resetting network settings and setting up again as well but it makes no difference.

0 Likes
Kornizz
Pioneer
Options
Did you upgrade your SIM to 5G? Its not enough to get 5G phone to get 5G signal, you have to upgrade your SIM to 5G one too.
Call your network provider and ask to change your SIM to 5G SIM.
0 Likes
Russo46
Apprentice
Options

My sim card has already been upgraded. My network provider says its Samsung who hasn't ratified the network in order to allow Samsung devices to connect with Gibtel (Gibraltar's Network Provider) and until then it won't work on any Samsung. To verify for myself, I used my current sim card on a latest spec iPhone and it connected to 5g instantly.

0 Likes
Kornizz
Pioneer
Options
Here in the UK I don't have any problems with 5G on samsung. Getting 5G everywhere where its avalable on my S21.
0 Likes
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
I take it you got it direct from Samsung not Gibtel ?
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5g
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
NisusWettus
First Poster
Options

It is exactly the same in Malta and I am not happy! I use Melita and quote 'Xiaomi, One Plus and Nokia are 5G handsets that are enabled for 5G in Malta' I have a s20 Ultra, and kids have iPhone 12 pros. I took out a special fast 5G plan and was not even told.  I have to buy a Chinese mobile now!

0 Likes
Pavankumar Anap
First Poster
Options

I am facing same issue in India. I am using Airtel sim card. Its a 5G ready sim.

0 Likes
AC70
First Poster
Options

I'm here in Canada and we have 5g network in my hometown and yet the option for 5g was not there until I downloaded the 5UI last week. I. Paid $2000 for this phone and yet other $500 cells were getting the 5g speeds. That's almost 2 years before they enabled it. Samsung really PM-Off as I could have had better speeds and connection for 1/4 the costs of this "pos". Not exactly the best way to treat your flagship device owners! 

0 Likes