Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

2Factor authentication for Samsung account

(Topic created on: 20-01-2021 07:54 AM)
DaveyG80
Explorer
Options
I have 2 factor authentication turned on for my Samsung account. However I cannot turn this back off. Does anyone know how I can do this please 
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Solution
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi, when you sign into your account, say from your Samsung Internet, below your signing in details it will ask you if you'd like to cancel two step verification.

Screenshot_20210120-071654_Samsung Internet_11014.jpg

Screenshot_20210120-071618_Samsung Internet.jpg

0 Likes
DaveyG80
Explorer
Options
Thanks 👍
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Your welcome
Rastech
Apprentice
Options

tbh, I've had several nightmares attempting to log in to my Samsung account, with tablet and phones, as maybe partly due to me having severely restricted vision, and phone away from the tablet, I've been sent verification codes sometimes re tablet to a phone, and vice versa, and frequently such a long delay in getting the code, the code from the wrong device receiving it, has timed out and it all goes pear shaped with sending the code again as well.  So I've been running out of attempts to try. A simpler, more intuitive and ergonomic Procedure,  seems desirable for us disabled - I'm physically disabled, plus  vision, and hearing impaired. Which perhaps assisted me in being a good Software Tester - I spent a lot of years being a tester - as getting it right for me, meant things were very usable for people without such handicaps. Knowing Samsung - their accessibility Customisations are Freaking Awesome for us disabled, e.g. the custom setup for earbuds, that set up each ear, have allowed me to enjoy music again, and derive enjoyment from audio books wow ! - I'm Sure they'll eventually Get it Right. 👍Bob.