Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

2 Factor identification is keeping me from unlocking my broken Samsung phone

(Topic created on: 19-09-2022 02:49 PM)
liontrainer
First Poster
Options

I dropped my phone and broke its display.  I have resigned myself to getting a new phone but I need to unlock the phone to get retrieve my data from the old broken phone.

I was delighted to see Samsung has a way of unlocking the screen of my device remotely from a PC by logging into my SamSung account.  However, I made the mistake of enabling two factor authentication to be able to log into my Samsung account.  Since my phone is locked, I am unable to retrieve the code sent by text to my phone.  I also do not have the emergency codes that Samsung sent me when I enabled 2-factor authentication. 

Does anyone know how I can either open my broken phone without a screen or get into my old Samsung account to unlock it remotely?

In case you wonder, I created a new Samsung account to get on this forum to ask the question.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Solution
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
If one available could try putting your sim in another phone temporarily so you can then get the 2 factor code text
liontrainer
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the quick reply!  I will have to wait until my new phone arrives, but that might be my best solution.

0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Your welcome 🤞 it works for you
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If you are using android message for you sms, you can access it from your browser
0 Likes
Lumin
First Poster
Options

Hi im having the same problem right now and was wondering if this worked for you?

0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi I didn't personally have this problem - my comment was a suggestion to the original poster of this thread - he has ticked it as an accepted solution so guess it worked for him ! Prob worth a try and hope it works for you !
0 Likes