Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$0.15 Charges

(Topic created on: 11-05-2022 07:30 AM)
Dave1955
First Poster
Options

Hi.  We have two $0.15 charges to our credit card: one from Samsung USA and one from Samsung Electronics.  We have not purchased anything through our Samsung account.  
What are these charges?
Thanks. 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Solution
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Probably best off asking in the U.S community. Unless it's some subscription charge or similar

U.S community link
https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Samsung-Community/ct-p/us
0 Likes
Krisalex79
Helping Hand
Options

these are validation charges. some shady person got your Credit card, and makes microcharges to validate it. Report possible credit card theft to your credit card company. 

The FACT that i PRETEND to believe you, DOES NOT mean i actually believe you.
0 Likes
PwiZe
First Poster
Options

Hey guys if you are recently seeing a pending charge in your bank account,  DO NOT WORRY you are not getting hacked or scammed it is a process of verifying the registration of any new credit/debit card to your Samsung account as stated in the agreement. Heres 2 screenshots.

Screenshot_20220712-025130_Samsung Checkout.jpg

Screenshot_20220712-025306_Bethpage.jpg

SMSNG_User_4444
First Poster
Options

I was on Reddit and saw someone asking a similar question, something about SAMSUNG charging the person £0.15 when they linked their card, that it was pending at the moment of the post, and that it was supposed to be free. Upon Checking the comments section of that post someone said "You will get the 15 cents back. They charge it to make sure it's legit, and then give it back." It makes sense, it's not unheard of for businesses to do this sort of thing.

PS - I've added a screenshot containing a somewhat related side note for those who wish to REMOVE their debit/credit card(s) and cancel subscriptions. 

samsung 3.PNG

Julez1
First Poster
Options

My charge has been there almost 2 weeks now . So now they have done it the 2nd time and added another charge for 15 cents. I haven't  authorized either 1 I'm getting tired of it.

0 Likes