Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are you watching this autumn/winter?

(Topic created on: 17-01-2021 01:53 PM)
ElinH
Troubleshooter
Options

Hello everyone 👋

With grey weather and shorter days (+ tighter Covid-19 restrictions) I tend to watch a lot more series than I have in the last 6 months. I've just finished season 2 of the Swedish show Älska Mig (Love Me) and have now started The Queen's Gambit on Netflix. 

Here is my top 3 of 2020 so far:

1. Normal People (in Sweden this is available for free on SVTPlay) - I cried through most of it and absolutely loved the soundtrack

2. Unorthodox - One of the most beautiful series I have ever watched, brilliant acting!

3. The Witcher - Always love a bit of fantasy 👺

What are your favorites? Hit me up with your best TV shows!!

// ElinH
18 REPLIES 18
ElinH
Troubleshooter
Options

Just finished the Undoing.. I thought it was absolutely brilliant! Anyone else who's seen it? What were your thoughts?

// ElinH
0 Likes
emigrating
Pioneer
Options

Not seen (or heard of that), but just checked out the trailer and looks interesting. Same writer as Big Little Lies which speaks volumes. Thanks for the tip. Is this airing in the UK or Sweden at all, or is it HBO Max only?

We've just finished the Quiz. Short reality based 3-parter about the major and how he, supposedly, cheated at Who Wants to Be a Millionaire back in the day. I remember the case from when it happened, so perhaps more interesting to me than you "young" folks :face-with-tears-of-joy: but still an enjoyable mini I'd say.

WireWrangler
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

We've just started watching His Dark Materials on HBO. Also we've been enjoying Lucifer on Netflix.

0 Likes
ElinH
Troubleshooter
Options

I watched it on HBO Nordic! And yes - similar vibe to Big Little Lies (Nicole Kidman in the lead). Def worth a watch!

// ElinH
0 Likes
ElinH
Troubleshooter
Options

I'm watching His Dark Materials as well.. I've read all the books and they are great too! 😀

// ElinH
emigrating
Pioneer
Options

Time for another update.

The Queens Gambit was every bit as good as everyone said it would be. The only downside to it was it was what I'd call a "mini-series".

So what are we watching right now? A few things.

Rita, on Netflix. Danish series about a teacher and her antics. Comedy with a little bit of drama as well.

Breeders, on HBO. Give it five minutes and you'll be able to tell if it's for you or not. I identify with Paul and absolutely love it. Comedy. Half hour episodes or so.

The Serpent, on BBC (I believe also on Netflix in some regions). Drama, thriller, how-dunnit. Based on a true story about the serial killer/con-man taking the lives and belongings lv various longhairs in southeast Asia back in the seventies. Very intriguing. My wife commented its a little frightening even.

Sløborn, the Stand and Elven are on my "up next" list. 

CederOne
Explorer
Options

Anyone watched the new french series Lupin on Netflix? Looks good and I really liked the main actor when he played in The Intouchables!

ElinH
Troubleshooter
Options

I'm gonna start watching Lupin tonight 😀 Omar Sy is great!

// ElinH
0 Likes
ElinH
Troubleshooter
Options

Thanks for the tips! I will definitely check The Serpent out. And maybe Breeders. I feel like thrillers and comedies are probably my best bets when we at the moment are unable to do very exciting things 😅

// ElinH
0 Likes