Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Introduce Yourself Thread

(Topic created on: 04-11-2020 10:21 AM)
Emmi S
Community Manager
Options

Hi everyone – and welcome to the Nordic Samsung Community! Are you new here or just haven’t introduced yourself yet? Let’s get to know each other a bit better - I’ll go first:

I’m Emmi S, the Nordic Community Manager. I try to make sure things run smoothly here on the community! I also, with help from my fellow moderators, help with unresolved issues or questions here.

In addition to this, I’m always looking at ways to improve the community to ensure everyone has the best possible experience (and if you have any suggestions, please check out the Community Feedback Thread here).

In my spare time I like doing various things like travelling, I’m up for small roadtrips nearby to longer trips abroad (having my own van would be a dream come true). I also like meditation and documentaries of all sorts.

That’s a little bit about me! Who are you?

I’m looking forward to get to know you all! 🤠

Here you can find the Community Guidelines >>>

Here is an explanation of the Nordic Community Structure >>>

/Emmi
103 REPLIES 103
ALICESTRAND
Journeyman
Options

Yes, it's a bit sad with all the restrictions. But we love to travel within Sweden. We were recently in Dalarna and planing on going to Kiruna for Christmas. ❄

Where would you like to go once the restrictions are over? :smiling-face: 

ElinH
Troubleshooter
Options

@ALICESTRAND Kiruna for Christmas sounds magic!! 🎄

Personally I love the sun and tropical climate, so I'd probably escape to Costa Rica or India for a little winter break if I could! Maybe next year 🤞🤞

// ElinH
Heygg01
Student
Options

Hi!

I'm fluent in Swedish, English, Spanish and currently been studying Mandarin for the past 3 years now 😊

ElinH
Troubleshooter
Options

@Heygg01 I imagine Mandarin is quite different to Swedish and English? So impressive 👏

// ElinH
0 Likes
STENIS
Journeyman
Options

Wow impressed 😀

WireWrangler
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Hello! 

My name is Patrick. I'm an American that has been willingly captured by a beautiful Norwegian that I now call my wife. I moved to Norway just over 7 years ago and feel it was the best decision of my life. We have one kid with another one on the way and a domesticated barn tabby cat. 

In my free time I enjoy a plethora of random things. I practice different forms of art from painting to photography, wood carving to digital art. I also like learning about electronics and microcontroller programming. Pretty much anything that stokes my creative side gets my attention.

On my professional side I'm a control cabinet assembler. I build components that are part of the systems that control the propulsion of ships. 

Anyway it's good to be here. I'm excited to see what the future holds for us here. In the meantime here's a recent digital painting I did on my Note 20 Ultra.

sketch1601568976719.png

ElinH
Troubleshooter
Options

Hey Patrick and welcome to the Community!! Excited that you are excited to be here 😎

Sounds like you are someone with both creative and technology skills - lucky you! I'm considering participating in more creative activities, like a ceramics course for example. Might have to wait until the pandemic has passed though (or do it online). 

Go have a look around the Lounge, you might be able to give advice to some of our peers here or start your own thread dedicated to your interests ✈️ 

// ElinH
Gameology
Student
Options

Hi.

I'm Andreas and live in southern Sweden. About four years ago i moved with my family from the stressful captial city to the more soft and calmer country side.
I very wise decision. I love the nature, the calm, the friendly people and the fresh air.
I have my own small buisiness as a chef and spend the free time with my family, friends, cooking, photgraphy, walks in the nature and jiu-jitsu.
I also do enjoy my Galaxy s20FE :winking-face:

ElinH
Troubleshooter
Options

Hello and welcome Andreas!! 😊

Your life sounds dreamy! Do you live in Skåne? I'm dreaming of moving to Österlen in when I'm a little older and spend my whole days outside by the sea 🌊

Ps. I'm sure southern Sweden provides many beautiful photo landscape scenes for you to use your s20FE :camera:

// ElinH
Gameology
Student
Options

Thank you.

It's not Skåne but almost. Småland it is. Anyways its wonderful and nice in all ways. 

I've been to Österlen once and it is beautiful there.