Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Wildlife Watch | Samsung Global Goals

(Topic created on: 09-03-2021 02:29 PM)
ElinH
Troubleshooter
Options

ranger1.jpg

Samsung has announced the launch of the new initiative Wildlife Watch, where Samsung technology is used to help fight back against poaching in the African Bush. With help from the Galaxy S20 Fan Edition (FE) camera, live footage will be streamed 24/7 from the Balule Nature Reserve in South Africa, part of the Kruger National Park.

Now everyone can become a virtual ranger, from the comfort of their own home, helping to protect endangered animals from poaching by monitoring them in their natural habitat and enjoy live sightings of these spectacular animals.

Read the full article here, or head over to the Wildlife Watch website to start your shift. Remember to share your thoughts or experiences around the topic in the comments section 👐

// ElinH
5 REPLIES 5
WireWrangler
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Seems like a good use for old phones. They can be made to network with each other for extended range. A great way to up. What ever happened to Galaxy upcycling anyway? It's been like 4 years and it's still not public.

0 Likes
ElinH
Troubleshooter
Options

So fun that you mentioned the Galaxy upcycling program. We will post an article regarding the topic this coming Friday 😍

// ElinH
WireWrangler
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@ElinH Woohoo! I've been eagerly waiting for that to go live. I have my Galaxy s5 and I think S7 still, and would love to tinker around with them. 

0 Likes
ElinH
Troubleshooter
Options

Yay! I will investigate this a little further though to see how we are working in the Nordics specifically. The article is not super specific but I will look into it 👀

// ElinH
0 Likes
ElinH
Troubleshooter
Options

Here is a link to the upcycling article. I also asked to see what we can do with our old phones here in the Nordics, and at the moment it is the Trade In program that allows you to trade in your old phone so that it can be reused or recycled 😊

// ElinH
0 Likes