Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification sound

(Topic created on: 23-07-2021 12:46 PM)
Tjabba
Student
Options
Since a while back my Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra stopped playing sound for notifications.
All other sounds works perfectly.
I have checked all settings and they are ok.
Efter reboot it works for a short while and then it stops working...
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Oxygenic
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hmmm. Sounds like a tricky one. Do you use custom sounds that you downloaded by an app like zedge or similar? If so, try to change to one of the preset sounds that are available by default and see if it works. I'm thinking it could be something wrong with the notification soundfiles. Have you installed any third party app that handles notifications/sounds? If so, try to run the phone in "safe mode" and see if notifications work.
Oxygenic
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
...I assume you've already double checked so "Do not disturb mode" or the "Power saving mode" is enabled?

To start in safe mode;

1. Press and hold the Power button and Volume down button until the 'Power off' prompt appears on the screen then release.

2. Touch and hold Power off until the 'Safe mode' prompt appears then release.

3. To confirm, tap Safe mode .

The process may take up to 30 seconds to complete.

Upon reboot, 'Safe mode' appears in the lower-left of the unlock / Home screen. With Safe Mode enabled, ensure Airplane Mode is not enabled and test if you can receive notifications with sound.
ElinH
Troubleshooter
Options

Hey hey @Tjabba 

How did you go? Did any of the suggestions that @Oxygenic work? 😊

// ElinH
0 Likes
Tjabba
Student
Options
Nope...
0 Likes
CiaB
Student
Options

Hi there! I have the exact same problem with my Samsung S20fe. I live in Sweden, but I accidently logged in to the US community, and there is a huge problem as well.  I have no notification sounds whatsoever, only my ring tone....  They suggested a variety of solutions, but nothing works.

Emmi S
Community Manager
Options

Hi @CiaB 

If you have tried a variety of things, I would suggest you to contact Samsung Support 😊 Here in Swedish: https://www.samsung.com/se/support/sverige

/Emmi
0 Likes