Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Android 11 for Samsung Galaxy S9+

(Topic created on: 19-09-2021 12:34 AM)
Misspiggiest
First Poster
Options

Rotten of Samsung to not upgrade Samsung Galaxy S9 to Android 11!

This was my last Samsung, *****

9 REPLIES 9
ElinH
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi! At the moment I don't have any information if the S9 will get the new Android 11 update. I have posted a complete list that will be updated each month with coming and completed models. Keep an eye there for any new info!

//ElinH

// ElinH
0 Likes
no_1
First Poster
Options
Well, that's no surprise really. The S9 has already received 2 major OS updates.
0 Likes
Oxygenic
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yeah, Samsung guarantees 2 major OS updates, and security updates for 3 years. So when it comes to your S9+ it seems like there will not be any more major updates. If you are really keen on getting the latest with Android 11 and not afraid of loading some customs roms there are possibilities as with "Noble ROM" (google it at your own risk). However this is not official fw and not supported by Samsung (maybe ElinH will slap my fingers now) - I just wanted to say that your S9+ still is a pretty darn good phone, and there _are_ possibilities to upgrade, even if not official. However, I would stay with Android 10 and enjoy that stable version of Android and One Ui rather than getting into Custom Roms again (I've been there, and it can be a smooth ride or a very bumpy road, and the only way to know is to try and maybe cry afterwards...)
Krystallen
Explorer
Options
Hi Elin.

I have an A50 but I'd like to know why samsung do not allow updated android versions on older phones?

I am an it tech, and installed android on old phones myself.
It works fine
0 Likes
Krystallen
Explorer
Options
The man is correct.

Be warned! Removing samsung ROM is not illigal, but no one will help if anything goes wrong.

Installing android is NOT remotely as easy as windows.

Do not do this unless you understand what not to do.

That being sayd,
Anyone can flash the rom and install newer android versions
If, you follow every single step and got days of patience
Krystallen
Explorer
Options
I stay with Samsungs android for the same reason 🙂
0 Likes
JakeSully
Helping Hand
Options
This is not bad. Samsung has had 2 major updates for years and s9 in s series are last modell getting 2 major updates before samsung went out official to give from s10 and note 10 and upp 3 major updates and 5-7 years security update. Also there is a reason why s9+ won't get it, since alot of manufactures test older devices with newer android and when they see it's slow and lagy and not running smooth then that is reason they decide to not updating it to newer version.
0 Likes
SBC1
First Poster
Options

Tell that to my backup phone, the S6 (SM-G620F), running Android 10 smoothly on LineageOS.

The S9+ should at least get Android 11 from Samsung, given the hardware.  But most likely I will install LineageOS on my S9+ as well.

0 Likes
JakeSully
Helping Hand
Options
3rd party OS are modified and can be lighten up so not same as running stock Android os straight from Google. Samsung runs on full stock android OS with own UI so that is probably why it won't work for s9 and s6
0 Likes