Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Let's share the not so commonly known features of our devices.

(Topic created on: 02-12-2020 12:03 PM)
WireWrangler
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I've been an Android user since the day it came out. I don't consider myself an expert on the system, but I do feel i have a great understanding about the deep features our devices have. That being said, I still seem to stumble across things we can do that I never knew was available. I also find that many users have very little knowledge of all the features they have in their hands. One example that seems to wow people is when I have them put their device back-to-back to mine so I can easily transfer photos, app links, webpages, etc. via NFC and Android beam. I've had many exclame, "How did you do that!?" It got me thinking, what other features am I missing out on? So I thought, how about we have a thread that we can share our favorite, possibly unknown to the average user, things your device can do. It can be stock (factory features) like the NFC one i mentioned above or something you can do with an app. Who knows we might find out our device are even more powerful then we thought!

Go to solution
25 REPLIES 25
ElinH
Troubleshooter
Options

Great tip! I find the Google Home device slightly crazy. I used to live in the UK and set it up over there in English. Sometimes the device would speak to me in Swedish though.. even though I never talked to it in my own language... 👻 Could maybe have something to do with my phone being set up in Swedish?

// ElinH
Oxygenic
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
So, I wanted to share a nifty tip when you would like to remove something from your otherwise perfect photo - without installing third party apps like Snapseed or others. If your Galaxy device runs One UI 3.1 you actually have a quite powerful tool called "Object Eraser" straight in your Gallery. With this you can easily remove unwanted things from the photos you've taken with the camera. 

- Go into Gallery, settings, enable "Object Eraser" in the "Labs" section.

- In the Gallery, select the photo you want to edit

- Choose the Pencil icon to start editing it (if you are asked to update editor in Galaxy Store, please do so)

- Scroll to the right, there should be a new Erase icon next to the Text icon.

- Tap it, and then draw around the object you want to remove. Then tap "Erase"

- When you're done, click the check icon and enjoy! :smiling-face:

ElinH
Troubleshooter
Options

Amazing! I actually didn't know this feature existed 😄 

I'll merge this topic with Let's share the not so commonly known features of our devices - thread! Keep all the tips coming 😍

// ElinH
Corinna-och-Uffe
Journeyman
Options
I love that feature too. Charging my Buds Pro with it. So easy to use.
0 Likes
Lille888
Journeyman
Options
0 Likes
Lille888
Journeyman
Options
Many thanks to you and Good Luck!!!
0 Likes