Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 3

(Topic created on: 08-02-2021 11:07 PM)
emigrating
Pioneer
Options

Another post most likely better off posted in the UK forums, but here goes.

I recently bought a Galaxy Watch 3 (45mm LTE). Watch worked just fine, but as it had defaulted to the French region during setup I decided to do a factory restore so I could choose a different region and activate Samsung Pay.

Said and done, everything seemed to work just fine, battery life almost doubled compared to when it was running the French region firmware. Samsung Pay is working great.

However, Bixby (and Galaxy Store plus some other apps) does not work and keeps telling me I have to sign in to my Samsung Account on my phone.

Obviously I am signed in on my phone, and searching the net it seems this is a semi-common problem for people after a factory reset. I have tried all the solutions posted out there (clear cache/data from Wearables and Watch add-in app, Un/Re-install, Factory Reset watch again, Force sign-out and sign-in on phone) to no avail.

Anyone else come across this and have other suggestions for a fix? I'm about ready to send it back and just get a new one, but seeing as I'm not sure if this is a Watch problem or Samsung Account issue, well...

I've had issues with my Samsung Account in the past (such as Find My device telling me I had no devices registered at all (during my S9+ year) or my region being defaulted to the UK even on a Swedish phone/SIM (I have UK account due to previously living there and using SmartThings) etc.

11 REPLIES 11
JakobO
First Poster
Options

Hi

I bought Samsung Watch 3 to be able to pay with it, but it turns out you need Samsung Pay in your country, but Norway isn't eligible for it.

So I ask: What app can I use to pay with when we don't have Samsung Pay - and why can't I set up Google Pay on my watch?

0 Likes
ElinH
Troubleshooter
Options

Hey! Unfortunately the only option is Google Pay, which only works with your phone 😣

// ElinH
0 Likes