Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

ECG and Fall Detected on Samsung Watch 3

(Topic created on: 02-01-2021 05:58 PM)
Norway1
First Poster
Options

When will ECG measurement be available in Norway?. And how to activate Fall Detected?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
WireWrangler
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Seems like it would have to get approval before it's allowed in a given area. I read that it needed FDA approval for the USA so I'd assume it needs something similar in Norway (Statens legemiddelverk?). Samsung is probably taking it extra careful as to avoid any possible legal situations. 

Solution
ElinH
Troubleshooter
Options

Hey @Norway1 😊

We still don't have an answer as to if/when this feature will be available in Norway - but as soon as I know I will send you an update!

As for fall detection - check this video out 😎

// ElinH
0 Likes
emigrating
Pioneer
Options

Fall detection is available under Settings, Advanced, SOS. Or, at least it is on mine, however Samsung sent me a European watch rather than a Nordic model, so...

I do believe I had the same option on my previous Swedish watch though. Of course, not much else worked on that due to it not wanting to log in to my Samsung account but that's a different story ?

As for ECG, if you don't mind running it unofficially, you can find the files you need over at xda-developers. You'll need two files, the Samsung Health Monitor apk for your |Samsung only] phone and also the tpk file to get it installed on the watch itself. This will give you ECG and Blood Pressure, although the BP needs to be calibrated using an actual BP monitor and then recalibrated every so often, I believe I do it once every two months or so.

You can also reach out to your friendly neighborhood hookup for help, but I give no guarantees the software won't blow up your car, run away with your partner and steal your identity 🤣

ElinH
Troubleshooter
Options

@emigrating wrote:

You can also reach out to your friendly neighborhood hookup for help, but I give no guarantees the software won't blow up your car, run away with your partner and steal your identity 🤣

This quote is gold 😂

// ElinH
0 Likes
FREDRIKSEGLEM
First Poster
Options

I'm getting impatient 🇳🇴 

0 Likes
ElinH
Troubleshooter
Options

As soon as I have an update I'll let you know 😎 

// ElinH
0 Likes
WireWrangler
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Looks like ECG and blood Pressure monitoring is approved to come to the Nordic areas, and other EU countries, starting to roll out next week.

https://www.xda-developers.com/galaxy-watch-3-galaxy-watch-active-2-ecg-blood-pressure-monitoring/

ElinH
Troubleshooter
Options

Well spotted @WireWrangler 🙌

Here's another article from Samsung's Global Newsroom mentioning the expansion to more countries. The official live date has not yet been set. But it is looking like we can expect it to be available in the Nordics in the next couple of months. 

// ElinH
0 Likes