Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does my Samsung QLED TV (75" Q900RA) have a "weak network card" ?

(Topic created on: 04-01-2021 09:58 PM)
PeerNorway
Voyager
Options

This might be a problem that is not located on my 75" Q900RA TV (or One Connect Box), but for a couple of weeks now I have experienced a lot of buffering when watching 4K (even when down to 1440p) videos on YouTube - on the internal app on the TV. I have a 500/500 internet connection which I plan to do through an ethernet cable (with a TP-Link Switch), but this has worked fine for the first couple of weeks when I just got the new internet provider and got this new speed. What is strange is that the screen sometimes goes black for half a second when it buffers when this problem occurs. One of the service people (who not visited me at home, nor do they know what kind of a TV I have, though I have mentioned I have a newer model of the 8K Samsung TVs), claims that the TV set (mine) most likely have a weak network card, which I find ridiculous and an ambush to look for a problem other than the internet provider themselves. Bear also in mind that it was they who set up everything with a central, modem, installed cables and everything at my home - so this set up should work without having to go the cable connection route... I have however just ordered the TP-Link Switch, so I will do the internet through cable directly connected to my TV.

Here are some specs a friend of mine asked me to show on a few random 2140p 4K YouTube videos:

130803745_119042273276887_7916166996859478984_n.jpg

130345273_211201723802022_844827380718721805_n.jpg

Can someone give me feedback on the network card my Q900RA TV has, and if it is a "weak" card that might affect 4K streaming on YouTube ?

0 Likes
127 REPLIES 127
PeerNorway
Voyager
Options

No need to be sorry for this, as this is valuable input and definitely worth testing out more . I hope @AndreN can test this out on his 2014 and 2018 TV Samsung model. This might also bring out a point: is your Philips TV from 2018 or older ?

Strangely I get both the 1440p and even 4K option when I check it with my remote control on my TV. It appears just like it is the YouTube app on my TV. The buffering is there when choosing 4K, but it appears to maybe be less... I need to test this out more, but I find it very strange I get the 1440p and 4K play - when I do the 4K and it starts to buffer the quality then comes down, but still it is in the 4K option (appears maybe in 360p. quality), then after a while when pausing a little bit it appears to be in 4K (not 360p).

Have you experienced 360p. quality even though the picture setting is set in 4K (not defaulted down to 360p display setting) ?

PeerNorway
Voyager
Options

Here are some statistics which I hope someone who knows more about how to read this can comment. These should at least viewed in 4K, but I do not get it as I would assume this function is run through airplay (with a max of 1080p) - so how come 4K comes up ?

IMG_4136.jpg

0 Likes
PeerNorway
Voyager
Options

for some reason the forum will not allow me to add the 6 photos... Not even when I edit the post. Only one of the six pictures are showed. Trying again with the 5 remaining photos...

IMG_4136.jpg

IMG_4137.jpg

0 Likes
PeerNorway
Voyager
Options

Posting pictures is now restricted.....................

0 Likes
TonyTam
Student
Options

Hello @PeerNorway,

I am locating in Viet Nam, I always select or find video in smart phone, then I cast you tube from smart phone to tivi for enjoy high 4K resolution with sound bar Samsung HQ70T.

We wish a good news from Samsung :smiling-face:

ivaylos
Explorer
Options

Hey @PeerNorway (btw how do you tag?) 

I've just tried several 4K videos and all of them worked fine, except for a few brief moments, but so brief that I couldn't see the buffering dots. I think it's because my internet & router are not so good and the router is in the other room(maybe ~5m+ away).

The videos stayed in 4K the whole time. The quality was also 4K.

My TV is 2019 model but it's a cheap one. I bought it in February 2020 for ~310 Euro/~377 $.

Btw the cast icon thing that I mentioned acts as a remote control. You just choose videos from phone/computer and it sends it to the YouTube app on the TV. There is no AirPlay involved. Imagine your phone/computer as a second monitor.

Edit: I've been watching all the videos from that channel since I wrote this comment. 4K working the whole time with no lag at all.

photo_2021-01-04_09-50-21.jpg

PeerNorway
Voyager
Options

@TonyTam can you find out what year your model is from ?

@ivaylos you tag by not writing the name, but choosing the name from the popup window when you only write "@".

Skjermbilde 2021-01-04 kl. 19.11.01.png

The 4K "casting" thing you do from Google Chrome might actually be working on my TV too ! However, I need to test it more, to be sure. It feels like the TV is back in the way it was before I experienced problems with the YouTube app. It is very strange if the "casting" - or "View on my TV" - option on the Google Chrome YouTube web browser works if it picks up through the YouTube app on the Samsung TV.

I just watched this in 4K without any buffering:

image.jpeg

I hope a Samsung technician could do a proper test and respond to this, as we are not technicians.

PeerNorway
Voyager
Options

Come on forum ! Why does all my uploaded pictures turn up ?

(edited above post with inserting the image with a link from a picture upload site, but how come I can not post many pictures in my forum ?)

0 Likes
Humorsopa
Pathfinder
Options

It's true that the Samsung YouTube app on your phone are picked up by the TV equivalent. Why it should matter regarding the buffering issue though is beyond me... 

ElinH
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi Peer! I imagine you exceeded the upload limit. You can only upload 9mb at the time! 😊

// ElinH
0 Likes