Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

youtube not working on samsung refrigerator

(Topic created on: 03-09-2020 06:02 PM)
Romario786
Student
Options

Hi,

I just bought the Samsung Family hub Refrigerator and i played youtube via the internet which was working perfectly fine. I triad to play some videos today and it will just not play any videos.

I triad to delete cache and history from the youtube webite and restarted the family hub that also didnt resolve the issue.

Can you please help me and tell me what is wrong with it please?

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11
CiaraBrennan
First Poster
Options

Same problem happening with my brand new Samsung fridge. Did you ever get a resolution for this? Thanks

0 Likes
Paul_HL
Samsung Pro
Options

HI,

Follow this link to the FAQ for the work around https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/home-appliances/my-family-hub-has-stopped-playing-music/

Thanks

Romario786
Student
Options

HI Caira,

I followed the below instruction to get it working, i switched form Mobile version to Desktop version and youtube started working again(it is a bit slower on the desktop version but atleast it gets the job done now)

Currently, some YouTube videos are not working when played on the Family Hub display. We have contacted Google and will issue a fix as soon as possible.

If some music is not playing from the YouTube site, please play it in desktop mode instead.

1Open the Internet app on your Family Hub display
2Open the YouTube site
3Tap the user icon in the top right of the display
4Tap Desktop
Leesam2002
First Poster
Options

Restart the family hub.  Go to Settings and about family hub.

badsheba
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue. Got my refrigerator in April and YouTube vids worked fine til 1 or 2 months ago. The error says the browser won't be supported soon and to install one that supports HTML5 (i.e. - Forefox, Chrome, etc) But I can't install any other browser on the hub.

surfing
First Poster
Options

Same Issue here..  2020 Samsung Family Hub Refrigerator already has outdated technology   NO HTML5 support.  why is that?    

0 Likes
shlok
First Poster
Options

If you guys are still looking for a solution I have found one!! 

go on the browser 

click the settings tool on the bottom left 

click content settings 

and enable “run JavaScript” 

return to YouTube and everything should run fine! 

Marvel
Student
Options

Hi, how do I go back to mobile from desktop. I did this but now I want the other layout. Thank you in advance 

0 Likes
Marvel
Student
Options

Hi, how do I go back to mobile from desktop. I did this but now I want the other layout. Thank you in advance 

0 Likes