Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WW90T684DLH/S1 - Cracked dispenser draw

(Topic created on: 01-07-2022 08:24 PM)
mm2022
Journeyman
Options

Have noticed quite a big crack on the backing of the drawer. I'll probably see if this can be replaced under warranty as it seems like a design fault - but anyone else seeing it?  When opening and closing the door, there seems to be some resistence, so that's probably the reason it has cracked (although I've never heard it crack)

IMG_20220701_145904 (002).jpg

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Yeah that's a definite stress crack, you wouldn't hear it go. How old is the machine? You could try a warranty claim, it's an odd thing to fail and they cannot really blame you or wear and tear
0 Likes
mm2022
Journeyman
Options

It's quite new actually. Maybe 6 months so probably only been opened and closed under 50 times.

Bit of a weird one really as you'd expect that part to be quite strong.

(and for those wondering, yes the button under the handle is pushed when opening etc, it isn't just ripped out)

TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @mm2022 ,

I'm sorry to hear that something like that has happened to your washing machine drawer during the first 6 months and would recommend contacting our Support Team to arrange a repair. You can find how to contact them here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

shazo
Apprentice
Options
Iknow
0 Likes
shazo
Apprentice
Options
Mine
0 Likes
mm2022
Journeyman
Options

Was replaced under warranty. Still think it's a design flaw!

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

@mm2022 wrote:

It's quite new actually. Maybe 6 months so probably only been opened and closed under 50 times.

Bit of a weird one really as you'd expect that part to be quite strong.

(and for those wondering, yes the button under the handle is pushed when opening etc, it isn't just ripped out)

really dont look like a design fault, if you have been pushing that handle under the drawer no wonder it broke. that catch should be pulled as you open the drawer, not pushed  - good you got it replaced under warranty though they were very good to do that.

0 Likes
mm2022
Journeyman
Options

You've misunderstood me!

The latch is clasped and pulled towards me unlocking the drawer. Drawer then pulled out.

0 Likes