Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WW90K6414QX Washing machine - door locked shut

(Topic created on: 23-04-2020 05:55 PM)
Jo_M
Student
Options

The door of my Ecobubble machine seems to be locked shut. It feels like the lock at the top of the door is not egaged properly - I can't seem to either shut it better or open it. The door locked sign is on and I can see a dC code on the display. Any advice on getting the door open so that I can look properly?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
AndrewL
Options

@Jo_M: Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your washing machine. Has the current cycle completed, and has the water drained from the drum? Can you see a padlock image on the display with a face on it?

0 Likes
Jo_M
Student
Options

@AndrewL 

Many thanks for yoru reply - in fact the cycle hadn't started so the drum has no water in it at all. The childlock is not on - I tried switching that on and then off again to make sure.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@Jo_M: Thanks for confirming that for me. If you power the machine off and on again, are you able to cancel the current cycle and open the door? If so, can you check the rubber door seal for any loose, foreign objects that might be preventing the door from closing properly?
0 Likes
Jo_M
Student
Options

Hi Andrew

I've tried that several times to no avail - the door remains firmly locked.  As mentioned initially the top of the door is not properly engaged so is not tightly shut - I have tried pushing it more firmly but again that does not work. Is there anything else I can try to at least get the door open so I can check the seal?

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@Jo_M: If the door isn't closing all the way then this would suggest that something is obstructing it. When you press the Power button to switch off the machine, wait a minute or 2 to see if the device clicks to indicate that the door is unlocked, then try opening it again. In the meantime I will pass your query to our Home Appliance experts, to see if they're able to shed any light on this.
0 Likes
Jo_M
Student
Options

Many thanks Andrew - we have also tried waiting for several minutes to see if it unlocks and it does not.

We can open the Add Wash door - and feeling around the top of the door from the inside it feels as if the seal may have broken and we are wondering if that is obstructing the locking mechanism?

Looking forward to hearing the thoughts of the Home Appliance experts. 

0 Likes
Jo_M
Student
Options

Hi Andrew

Many thanks for your help yesterday - were any of the Home Applance experts able to shed any light on this at all?

Please do let me know.

Many thanks

0 Likes