I recently bought this washing machine primarily because of its smart capabilities.
I have tried to add this to my SmartThings app however it gets to 99% and then throws an error.
I have tried this on 2 different phones, 2 different wireless routers, 2 different networks. I have even changed my WiFi channel and whitelisted the MAC addresses. The funny thing is that my router shows the washing machine is connected but SmartThings app still gets stuck and then shows error in the picture
Let's start with a few basics:
1. Could you make sure you're connecting to the 2.4 GHz wireless frequency as opposed to 5 GHz?
2. Could you make sure your Smart Things app is on the latest version?
3. Which phone do you have and is it on the latest software version?
4. Could you uninstall the SmartThings app and log out of your Samsung account on the phone, then, reinstall the app and follow the prompts which will also guide you through logging back in to your Samsung account?e
Let us know if this makes any difference.
Thank you for kindly responding
1) yes both APs I tried were broadcasting 2.4ghz. they are manufactured by unifi and zyxel respectively.
2) I have the latest version of the app on both my personal Samsung S9+ and my family members iPhone X
3) my phone software is up to date
4) reinstalling did not resolve the issue
At this point I'm not sure if it's the washing machine or the app
On your S9+, could you try a soft reset. This will end all processes and give the phone a fresh start. To do this, press and hold the 'Power' and 'Volume Down' buttons until the phone restarts. Then try reconnecting your Washing Machine.
I've been chasing SmartThings support for responses. I've sent 3 emails over 4 days and have got no reply. I've provided everything they've asked for. Phone logs. Diagnostic information etc. All withing 24 hours. I don't see why they can't reply to my emails
I am having a very similar problem and gave fone through all those trouble shooting steos to no avail -using iphone X and trying to connect to tumbledrier
DV80T5220TW -does anyone have any further ideas?