Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

WW10N Washer cabling loom melt down

(Topic created on: 24-01-2023 12:51 AM)
YesBudda
Apprentice
Options

My Ecobubble washer started to sporadically not want to do spin cycles etc as part of wash programmes, then after a further week it just didn't want to start doing anything.

Reading around the Internet most things pointed back to PCB replacement as the solution.

Upon opening up the rear of the washing machine I was shocked to find a cable loom connecting to the bottom of the washer drum / motor area and covered in insulation sponge had melted down and 3 of the thicker cables completely melted through with a 4th cable containing a cut in the outer covering.

Is this another "known thing" for Samsung washing machines that needs repair?

How do I find if there has been any recall for these ecobubble washers to prevent this sort of fire hazard from happening?

Due to a busy household and washing to be done this weekend, I've had to cut back and splice the melted cables together to allow the machine to work again - but the motion from the drum spins is quite violent and I don't hold much faith in the cable loom surviving for too long!

Full model WW10N645RPX/EU - it's 3-ish years old.

IMG_1589.jpeg

9 REPLIES 9
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @YesBudda ,

I'm really sorry to hear that you have experienced this issue with your washing machine. If you are based in the UK or Ireland then please send a private message to Sam_UK by following the steps in the link below, and myself or one of the other mods will be able to get this escalated for you as we do take these matters seriously.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm... 

Alternatively, please reach out to our Help Desk directly via the link below, and an advisor will be on hand to assist you.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

YesBudda
Apprentice
Options

Thanks Tess - the private message link doesn't work - results in a "The page you are trying to access was not found. Please check your URL for typos and try again." message on a page.

AntS
Options
Solution
YesBudda
Apprentice
Options

A quick update: Samsung sent out an inspector and recorded that the wiring is too tight by default and is worse when its a smaller washing load as the drum rotates in a more egg shape.

The fix is to replace the complete wiring loom but NOT clip it in along the bottom of the washer to allow more freedom for the wiring loom to move along with the washing drum.

LooseJuice
Student
Options
Can I ask how has your washing machine been since? As the same has happened to mine. It tripped my electric and my washing machine was smoking. I called the fire brigade in panic as me and my 1yo were in the house. All ok , no fire, but a broken melted washing machine. An engineer came out yesterday to have a look and is reporting back to samsung. In all honesty I don't feel easy knowing that it may just be fixed with parts replaced Screenshot_20230402_085747_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20230402_085743_Photos.jpg
LooseJuice
Student
Options
Just to add it is the ww10n model also
CarlH
Options

HI @LooseJuice

Sorry to hear about this. If you are based in the UK or Ireland then please send a private message to Sam_UK by following the steps in the link below, and myself or one of the other mods will be able to get this escalated for you as we do take these matters seriously.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm... 

Alternatively, please reach out to our Help Desk directly via the link below, and an advisor will be on hand to assist you.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

YesBudda
Apprentice
Options

Hi - my washer is still running fine since the replacement "looser" cable loom.

We've moved house and had the machine running many times per week whilst cleaning things and have not had any odd behaviour or burning smells from the machine.

So it feels like its a fixed solution from the call-out engineer.

Matt_Z
First Poster
Options

I encountered the exact same issue today on my 2.5 years old WD10N645RAW. All of a sudden it lost the capability to spin the drum and released a burning smell. Opening the rear of the washing machine, I noticed the melted sponge along with damaged cables inside. Then I found this topic and sent a private message to @Sam_UK as recommended in earlier posts.
The machine is useless at the moment which is a major inconvenience for the household. Appreciate if I could receive help as soon as possible.

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-14 at 00.01.17 (6).jpegWhatsApp Image 2024-03-14 at 00.01.17 (3).jpeg