Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst after sales 'care' I have ever experienced

(Topic created on: 16-12-2022 11:43 AM)
TwentiethCoffee
Student
Options

So, I have a Samsung washing machine with an extended warranty (seems like a great idea, as the washing machine is pretty important to a household of 4 people)

Just over 3 weeks ago, I see sparks in the glass door coming from the drum. I have called customer care, to be told not to use it and they will send a engineer (after about a week). The engineer advises the spider has broken and damaged the drum, the door and the seal. he'll order the parts and be back in a week.

The service engineers then cancelled that appointment, as they couldn't get the parts, but they would be a couple of extra days, so they made a new appointment.

They then cancelled that appointment, as they still couldn't get the parts. They wouldn't say when they would this time, so didn't re-book the appointment.

Have spoken to customer care @ Samsung. Unfortunately, there is nothing they can do, even though they are also the retailer and hold the extended warranty.

Emailed the exec office and was told they would contact me within 24 hours. 3 days later, still no contact.

Samsung are great as long as they have your money and everything is going well. Watch out if there is a problem though. I have a family with no washing machine for nearly a month and Samsung really couldn't care less. 

4 REPLIES 4
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

I wonder at what stage they would 'write off' a washing machine and replace with a brand new one. I would say that a broken spider (and drum) and door and seal and the fact that they "cannot get the parts" and has to send an engineer out (with engineers call out charge and labour fee) is at that stage now that any company that wants to protect its brand name and reputation by default should just say to you now "we cannot source the parts and we understand that you have been without a washing machine for your family of 4 for nearly a month now so we shall be sending out a brand new washing machine to you free of charge and our delivery driver will pick up your old (broken) one" 
That's what they should be doing anyway in my opinion. - hope you get on satisfactorily. 

TwentiethCoffee
Student
Options
Pricing up the parts on an online spares store comes in at around £420. For samsung and their authorised repairer, probably a little cheaper, 4 weeks with no machine, unhappy customer, no further purchases. Flames the forums.

New machine £500, next day delivery, happy customer, repeated shopping. Forums flamed with positivity.

Seems pretty simple to me, but...
AndrewL
Options

@TwentiethCoffee: I'm really sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue. Our warranty is repair based, so our engineers will always look to complete a repair on a product if it is viable to do so. Alternative resolutions such as a refund or replacement can only be authorised if the engineer deems the fault to be beyond economical repair. I absolutely understand your frustrations, and recommend that you keep in touch with our Help Desk, or contact the Service Centre directly, as they are best placed to keep you updated. 

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

so ... "engineers will always look to complete a repair on a product if it is viable to do so" - they cannot complete the repair because trouble getting the parts - why has not the engineer (that called out and found all the parts it needed including charge to repair) then deem the fault beyond economical repair then you could get a refund or replacement machine and get on with your life instead of the stress this is causing waiting for the parts (and repair) , its not your fault that the parts cannot be got hold of @TwentiethCoffee so why have you got to suffer until the parts can be got hold off , and its no skin off the engineers nose if he 'deems it beyond economical repair'! - its not like he is going to pay out of his own pocket to get it refunded or replaced - it does not seem fair , whu is it left up to the engineer and dont tell me Samsung Customer Support cannot step in and over-ride the engineers verdict in these circumstances and say "yes we have looked at this particular case and because it needs so many parts, and because the parts are not readily available we have decided to replace/refund in full for this machine out of goodwill and customer satisfaction" ?

0 Likes