Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is dose per rinse?

(Topic created on: 08-05-2021 08:22 AM)
Sconns
Student
Options

I have a washing machine with the auto dose function (model WW90T534DAN_GH). There are two options for auto dosing. Dose per wash and dose per rinse. I don't understand what "dose per rinse" does. It seems to suggest detergent is added during rinsing but why would you want to add detergent when rinsing the washing?

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Morning @Sconns ,

yes, that is right.  During the rinse cycle, the machine makes sure that the soap molecules are off your clothes. Any left on your clothes will contain dirt and grease, they will also wear the fabric out prematurely, so this dose helps to remove all this.

0 Likes
Sconns
Student
Options
Hi

I'm still confused if soap molecules on your washing wear the fabric out why would you add soap to a rinse?
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Maybe it's for fabric softener?
0 Likes
Sconns
Student
Options
The fabric softener auto dose function is a different setting
0 Likes
Paul_HL
Samsung Pro
Options

dose per rinse is softener, you will notice if you set it to off, it says add softener manually.

Thanks

paul

0 Likes
Sconns
Student
Options
That's what I originally thought but the manual refers to "detergent" when talking about dose per rinse (low/med/high/off) but there is also a function in settings for fabric softener x1, x2 etc.
0 Likes
Curtis Haslam
First Poster
Options

The x1 softener setting tells the machine how concentrated the softener is. 1x for normal 3x for super concentrate.  if you select 3x it scales back the dose size. The rinse dose is definitely the softener dose.  for example comfort pure would be x1 and comfort perfume deluxe would be x3.

The rinse dose low med high selects how much softener you like in your laundry.

0 Likes
Mikieb
First Poster
Options

still a bit confused i want the most conditioner so would that be x1 or x3  i like to smell a lot of fragrance after wash

0 Likes
Paul_HL
Samsung Pro
Options

that's concentration level not dose level , ifs its standard concentration leave it at 1 

0 Likes