Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What actually does the 'hard water' setting do on the WW90T534 washing machine?

(Topic created on: 26-01-2023 05:26 PM)
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

What does the water hardness  setting do on the Samsung Series5 washing machines because they have not got a water softness unit in them or have a place to add salt - do they just adjust soap liquid and fabric softener dosages in the was do they? 

12 REPLIES 12
EcoBubbleUser944
Pathfinder
Options
You don't have to select intensive or Bubble Soak all the time because every wash programme has its own tumble speeds, rhythm etc. Its just the dose per wash that might need adjustment if you are washing lightly soiled items or heavily soiled ones. If your clothes are very heavily soiled, its best to set the dose per wash to high and select Bubble Soak for good result. The medium dose per wash is the best in both worlds to be honest.

I guess the idea is that the machine detects the load size and doesn't use too much or too little detergent depending on the weight since the dose per wash adjustment doesn't make a massive change to the amount of detergent dispensed per wash (probably a difference of 2-5ml). About the sensors, my WW11BB944DGHS1 has a turbidity sensor but doesn't use it unless the Auto Optimal Wash+ programme is selected - even then, it only detects the level of soiling in two levels (normal or high).

Intensive is a good option since it adds 10 mins and as a result means more time for the water to heat up. Bubble soak is a bit of a powerful option to select to be honest since it maintains the wash temperature and increases the energy consumption by quite a bit.
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

Thank you so much for the informative answers. Much appreciated and I am sure it will help others reading this.

aenero
First Poster
Options

It's easier if you think of it this way... The machine does determine the base amount of detergent based on the programme/cycle, particularly the weight of the load. Then, if you set Water Hardness to Soft, this base amount is reduced a bit; or increased a bit if water is Hard. And then, if you set Dose Per Wash to Low, amount so far is reduced a bit; increased a bit if set to High.

0 Likes