Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Wf80 won't turn, stuck in cycles

(Topic created on: 12-10-2020 12:52 PM)
cinch
Journeyman
Options

My Wf80 stopped during a cycle.

If I try calibration mode, it displays CLB but does not turn.

If I try to Spin it displays 12, empties the water, displays 11, and then goes back to 12 after a few seconds.

If I try to Rinse and Spin (whilst empty), it displays 18, it tries to fill with water but after filling for about a second it stops with no water visible in the drum, it does not turn, and it displays 18 indefinitely.

If I try Daily Wash, the machine displays 1:03, it empties water properly, it fills with water properly with about 3-4cm of water visible in the drum, but it does not turn, and it displays 1:03 indefinitely.

I have cleared the filter at the bottom. The drum rotates freely if pushed. 

Does anyone know what the fault might be? A sensor, or the motor? I don't think it is the CPU board because the machine is trying to operate, although pressing Temp and Delay End+ together for 3 secs has no effect and does not display an error code. 

6 REPLIES 6
cinch
Journeyman
Options

x

0 Likes
Solution
AsadM
Options

Hi @cinch.

Hope you're doing well. Let's try going through the troubleshooting steps on this page to determine what actions to take to get this sorted: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/home-appliance/

0 Likes
cinch
Journeyman
Options

Thank you. I followed those. They advised me to call a service engineer, which isn't what I wanted to know. I wanted to know what the problem might be.

0 Likes
shootenanny
Student
Options

Did you get anywhere with this? I have what seems like similar symptoms

Denfield81
First Poster
Options

I’m having similar issues.  Did you figure out the issue?

0 Likes
cinch
Journeyman
Options

I bought a new machine. However, in retrospect, I think that, although I got CLB onto the screen, I did not know that I then had to press a button (I think the Start button) to make it start Recalibration. So if you haven't started Recalibration, try doing so.

0 Likes