Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

WF70F5E2W4W change drive belt

(Topic created on: 24-11-2020 01:09 PM)
JulieLong
First Poster
Options

Hi I have the above eco bubble7 7kg washing machine, the drum is not spinning and found that the drive belt had snapped, ordered a new Samsung one but the pulley won’t turn so I can fit it. I can’t turn the drum manually, is this a more serious issue than the belt? The cycle runs as normal with no error codes, just won’t turn! Thank you

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
daveo260z
Apprentice
Options
if you can't turn the drum manually then it sounds as though the bearings are seized. check there's nothing jammed in the seal by the door. most machines nowadays don't have replaceable bearings. it means a new drum. it's one of my pet hates -.£3 worth of bearings means a new drum at £200. chucked our last one away as it only cost an extra £50:to get a new equivalent machine. also - the bearings on the sealed drum machines are smaller, meaning they wont last as long. very eco- friendly. (this applies to all manufacturers- not aimed at Samsung in particular)

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Solution
daveo260z
Apprentice
Options
if you can't turn the drum manually then it sounds as though the bearings are seized. check there's nothing jammed in the seal by the door. most machines nowadays don't have replaceable bearings. it means a new drum. it's one of my pet hates -.£3 worth of bearings means a new drum at £200. chucked our last one away as it only cost an extra £50:to get a new equivalent machine. also - the bearings on the sealed drum machines are smaller, meaning they wont last as long. very eco- friendly. (this applies to all manufacturers- not aimed at Samsung in particular)
0 Likes
JulieLong
First Poster
Options

Thank you for your help, probably better with a new one then!!

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@JulieLong: Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. If the machine is less than 24 months old then I recommend reaching out to our Help Desk via the link below, or getting in touch with us on Facebook or Twitter, and we can arrange for the device to be inspected and repaired by an authorised engineer. Even if it is outside the warranty period we can still get this looked at for you, however the service will be chargeable. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

0 Likes