Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Water leaking from freezer of model RZ80FFSW.

(Topic created on: 01-08-2021 12:53 PM)
Steamer
Student
Options

I have a Samsung freezer model RZ80FFSW.

It has worked well but suddenly one day it started to leak out water to the floor.

I removed the plate at the back to check things out. The defrost water bowl was dessert dry. I took the rubber tube that leads the water to the bowl out and checked if it was clogged. It wasn’t.

I also took a rigid thin wire and stuck it into the hole were the water is supposed to come from. I was able to push it about 30 cm up with ease and then it stopped. My feeling was that there was no hinder in that drain hole. No residue on the wire what so ever.

The water leaks out from an outlet/inlet? inside the freezer at the rear wall and at the very bottom. See attached pictures. When it's full of water inside it starts to leak out from freezer to the floor.

When the freezer is in the defrost mode I can hear at the top how the ice is falling of the condenser. And at the bottom I can hear a sound like the ice is hitting a very warm element, a hissing sound. So what can it be? Somehow the water doesn’t drain to the bowl but is leaking out inside the freezer. Maybe an ice plug in the hole 20210726_235443.jpg20210726_235437.jpgthat should drain the water?

So what can I do?

I have noticed three screws at the back wall that seems to hold a panel. Can I unscrew and lift the panel of and be able to inspect and see if I can find the cause of the leakage?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
StephK1
Options

Hey @Steamer, sorry to hear about this issue with your freezer. At this point, I'd definitely recommend getting in touch with your local Service Centre to arrange an engineer's inspection and get this leak sorted. You can find your local Service Centres and their contact details here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/service-centre/ 

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
Solution
StephK1
Options

Hey @Steamer, sorry to hear about this issue with your freezer. At this point, I'd definitely recommend getting in touch with your local Service Centre to arrange an engineer's inspection and get this leak sorted. You can find your local Service Centres and their contact details here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/service-centre/ 

0 Likes