Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WATER FILTERS NOT FITTING

(Topic created on: 29-12-2020 12:16 PM)
GSA12riderSmsng
Apprentice
Options

I have seen major issues online with people buying the wrong water filter for their Samsung Fridge/Freezers.
It has caused me no end of stress trying to find out the issue.
Do your online research on this - It's a big problem for Samsung.

The DA29-00003G filter has been produced with TWO different keyways/lugs (!) - 2 lugs AND 3 lugs.
https://www.uk-water-filters.co.uk/samsung_fridge_internal_filters.html
https://www.uk-water-filters.co.uk/3g_samsung_fridge_type_internal_filter.html
I have a RSH7ZNBP and informed by offical spares (4ourhouse.co.uk / samsungspares.co.uk) mine requires a HAFIN2, but it seems that it should be a HAFIN1  - Wrong information from Samsung!
HAFIN2 now has three lugs rather than two can you believe!
I used a sharp Stanley knife and replicated the old 2 lug from the 3 lug, and now mine fits OK.
I rang Samsung Support, and they confirmed it was a HAFIN1, but wouldn't deal with the issue of all their recommended sites getting it wrong!
Very unimpressed with Samsung!
(...and don't even get on the subject of eco-friendly disposal options of water filters which they also seem to care less about)

5 REPLIES 5
BillR2
Student
Options

I have just spent 50 minutes on the “helpline” based in the Phillipines having first used the live chat facility - Like you, I used the information on the website to order (£39) an HAFIN2 for my RFG23UERS fridge freezer, when presumably it’s a 1 instead. Because I knew it would expire soon, I ordered it on 3rd November, but only tried to fit it last weekend - it now falls into the “no returns after 28 days”. I am very unhappy about this - your posting confirms that they are at fault, but they seem disinterested in solving the issue. I’m waiting on a call back over the next 24 hours, but am unimpressed by their passing me from pillar to post, when they should know there’s an issue with their website

KNMC08
Apprentice
Options

I have the same issue. Recommended by Samsung to buy a filter that doesn’t fit. Where do I find the correct filter for RSG5MUBP ??

0 Likes
BillR2
Student
Options

I gave up — Samsung not interested. Fridge functions well without filter & we live in a very soft water area with excellent water quality, so left it alone. Rubbish customer service IMHO

0 Likes
KNMC08
Apprentice
Options
Thank you for the reply. It's frustrating. I've used the Samsung store on amazon but even their filter's don't always fit well. I decided to call Samsung only to be told I was using the wrong filter. The one they recommended wouldn't fit at all 🙃
0 Likes
KNMC08
Apprentice
Options
0 Likes