Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Washing Machine Won’t Turn On

(Topic created on: 16-08-2020 11:55 PM)
BenAvery
First Poster
Options

Samsung Ecobubble 8.0kg

Got home from holiday and went to put a wash load in and the machine would not even turn on. Power to the home had been off at the fuse board while we were away but temperatures were okay (nothing below  0°C recorded locally)

Have tried the socket, which works fine. Have checked the fuse, this is also fine. So what could be causing it to not even switch on? It's like the electrics are completely shot.

Ben

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Jam1eM
Samsung Pro
Options

This could be a number of things unfortunately, if you have checked that the socket has power by testing a phone charge or similar in it then it’s probably going to need an engineer to look at it.

Due to the changing situation with regard covid-19 we are operating at reduced capacity.
On Monday you can contact us via live chat and have the repair options discussed, or if you go through this link it will also take you to your local service centre who can also help.
https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/home-appliance/

BenAvery
First Poster
Options

Thanks @Jam1eM for your reply. I will get in touch first thing on Monday. Do you have an idea on timeframes for repairs at present with the ongoing outbreak? Only my work is traditional window cleaning and so I need my machine for washing my cloths each day I work. 😃 With most people starting to self isolate it makes it difficult to just pop to a friends home to do this in the meantime.

Thanks again.

Ben

0 Likes
Jam1eM
Samsung Pro
Options
I’m afraid I don’t know, normally we are able to get out next day, or the 2 days if the engineer thinks he needs a part he doesn’t have in stock, however at the moment due to the family self isolation recommendations this will be impacting time frames and will vary depending on where you live.
SammyUser
First Poster
Options

Recently had a WF70f5e2w4w repaired under warranty and had new motor,new heater,new hoses,new seal and new drum - engineer remarked drum was skewed from new hence why seal fell to bits. Few months later and out of warranty pcb control board fails. Samsung service centre for a new pcb and fitting is a new washing machine. Similar issues with Samsung tv - popped capacitors and after repairing these tcon board fails. Recenty new Samsung combination microwave fails after 15 months with failed display and controls - has a 2 year warranty and been offered a repair and still waiting for a date. Previos Bosch machine was still going after 19 years till I switched . Won,t be buying a Samsung appliance again

0 Likes