Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Washing machine stopped working, switched off and wont turn on. Now I cant even open the door!

(Topic created on: 27-10-2020 09:10 AM)
Kona1
First Poster
Options

Hi, my ecobubble washing machine model WD80J6410AX_GH suddenly turned off last night mid wash and will not turn on again. it is the plug and socket are working fine and some power is getting through as it makes a slight click clunk sound inside every few seconds which did not happen when it was unplugged.

I drained the machine and cleared the filter but I am concerned that I cannot open the door to get the wet clothes out.

Has anyone experienced this?

Thank you.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Kona1 

Did you manage to get this sorted?

0 Likes
Kona1
First Poster
Options

No solution yet. I am very dissapointed as the machine is under 3 years old and I thought an expensive machine would be more reliable, rather than costing me more money for repairs so soon. The soonest the samsung reccommended engineer can come is over a week away so my clothes and the inside of my machine will be a smelly damp mess after being locked inside for so long. The washing machine has light use but has broken down so soon!

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

We're sad to hear this, @Kona1. Have you arranged for the engineer visit with our Support Team?

0 Likes
Kona1
First Poster
Options

Yes I have arranged an enginers visit through a company given to me vis the support team (who were as helpful as they could be). They can only come next Tuesday 27th, the machine stopped working on Saturday 17th. Thats a long time to have no washing machine suddenly especially with the world situation now. Very dissapointed.

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

We understand your frustration, @Kona1 and apologise for the delay. Our Service Centres are still currently running at reduced capacity we're afraid, but we're confident they'll get this sorted for you. Thanks for your patience.

0 Likes
Kona1
First Poster
Options

So I have just had my repairs done and it was very expensive-about half the cost of the machine in the first place. This machine is under 3 years old. The reason-circuit board! reading these forums it seems a very common fault. I had to go ahead and get the repairs done and pay but I am not happy to be paying so much so soon! I bought a samsung product expecting high quality but instead have a machine that breaks as soon as its out of 2 year warranty! I am seeking some compensation-at least the cost oif the new circuit board that had to be put in. Once again this machine has had no repairs or problems before-this circuit board going was the fault. A part that should not be failing from wear and tear.

In addition I have had the clothes stuck in the machine for 10 days after being told the door is electronically locked and cannot be opened by samsung. The engineer showed me there is a manual release button! imagine what state the clothes are in after 10 days  sitting damp in a washing machine. If I had been told by the person I talked to at samsung for help that I could have opened the door manually my clothes would have been saved.

I am really very unhappy both with the response from Samsung, their advice and the fact their product is faulty! While I appreciate the delay getting an engineer out due to the covid restrictions was unavoidable (the engineer from elite digital appliances was excellent), having my clothes be trapped and not being told how to open the door and my machine breaking in the first palce have nothing to do with the pandemic. I feel some kind of compensation or refund for this repair would be in order.

0 Likes
Carpo2
First Poster
Options
  • Have exactly the same problem except I opened the door with the manual release so now I can open and close the door except the machine thinks the door is constantly open even when I  close it so I can run any cycles. Samsung support cant help so in the same position waiting for a service engineer. Thanks for the heads up on the potential cost. I'll check with the engineer before he comes out. I aint paying that much for a 3 year old machine to be prepared. I certainly won't be replacing it with another Samsung
0 Likes