Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Washing machine sounds like a diesel generator

(Topic created on: 18-05-2020 11:55 AM)
Gtunney
Student
Options

Our washing machine keeps having this issue where it sounds like it's struggling to drain. The machine sounds like a rattle or diesel generator. 

if we pause the machine and then resume the sound goes away. 

we have already had Samsung our to replace the drain pump but the issue still persists. Checked drain filter etc all empty. 

washer is about 7 months old. 

video: https://youtu.be/seePo4EOrGc

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options
@Gtunney: Please can you confirm the model number of the washing machine, located on a sticker on the inside of the door or drum. Are you on a particular cycle when the issue occurs? Do you see any error codes on the display?
0 Likes
Gtunney
Student
Options

@AndrewL wrote:
@Gtunney: Please can you confirm the model number of the washing machine, located on a sticker on the inside of the door or drum. Are you on a particular cycle when the issue occurs? Do you see any error codes on the display?

Model number is - SAMSUNG - ecobubble WW90J5456FW/EU

no error codes and no it doesn't do it on any particular cycle. 

0 Likes
MattAC
Journeyman
Options

Oh thank god it's not just me!

I have the same issue on my WW90K5413UX, did you get a fix?

Mine sometimes makes the noise when it drains before the cycle starts but most of the time it's when it's about to drain before the spin.

Gtunney
Student
Options

Nope no solution as of yet. 

drain pump has already been replaced by Samsung a few months back. 

ive logged another repair request with them to get them out again. 

0 Likes
MattAC
Journeyman
Options
Does this happen at the end of the wash before it’s going to drain the water and spin?
0 Likes
MattAC
Journeyman
Options
So I spoke to Samsung and I’ve got a repair booked too for “post lockdown” whatever that means these days...
0 Likes