Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Washing machine Samsung WW90T554DAE/S7 - which programs use less water per load?

(Topic created on: 29-01-2023 09:47 PM)
Gohancz
First Poster
Options

Hello,

taking a quick look at :

Gohancz_0-1674856849492.png

I can see that Eco 60-40 is using less water based on how much laundry you put in, but for example the Cotton 60C shows usage of 134 liters of water.

Does that mean that even if I use less than maximum load, the washing machine will consume 134 liters of water?

Which programs are actually using less water depending on how full the machine is?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
EcoBubbleUser944
Pathfinder
Options
Definitely not - don't worry. It will use 134 litres for a 9kg load of cottons but will definitely use less water for a smaller load. The machine senses the wash load for most programmes and the water level for all programmes. Cotton 60⁰C uses more water than Cotton Cold-40⁰C because the machine does a cooldown before the first rinse.
0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

whats  the cooldown for on 60's cotton? - my previous hotpoint machine I had for years didnt do this cooldown where it fills up the drum with cold water just before going to 1st rinse - it just emptied and went straight to 1st of the rinses. 

What actual sensor is needed for water? - the 'weighing the load' at the beginning of the cycle or the built in normal pressure switch ? - because the machine has both , and normal washing machines just use the pressure switch to adjust the level of water in the drum at start of wash and through the wash cycle (ie if the drum needs more water added)  

EcoBubbleUser944
Pathfinder
Options
The pressure switch for the water. The load sensing at the start of the programme adjusts the wash time and amount of detergent and softener for the auto dose models. The cooldowns are strange on the newer Samsungs. My machine does a cooldown on a Super Speed 40⁰C with Bubble Soak. My last Samsung never did a cooldown if the temperature was 59.9⁰C or lower before the first spin. Newer ones are more sensitive (around 45⁰C or above triggers a cooldown). I do miss the hot water drains since it kept the drain pipe clean.
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

yeah , true that about the 60'c, because of cooldown it wont keep the drain pipe as clean