Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Washing Machine Power Failure

(Topic created on: 16-10-2020 10:30 AM)
Southsider
First Poster
Options

Hi folks

I have the eco bubble model:WF80F5E5U4X. It is 5 years old.

lately it has been suffering complete power loss mid cycle. Then all of a sudden the screen would light up again and resume the program some time later followed by repeated power interruptions until the program eventually finishes......or not.....have had to drain the machine a number of times.....rang Samsung who gave me a local service centre number which just rang out.....Paid for independent service company to look at the machine.....they had never seen a machine do this before and quoted €400 for a new mother board as there were no other obvious faults and no fault codes either on the screen or using the built in test function/App. They seemed to be of the opinion that 5 years out of a Samsung washing machine with average family usage was good going and maybe it was time to just replace it even though it looks like new inside and out. Just in case,I had a qualified electrician check the sockets,plug and mains cable......all fine......disappointing performance from both Samsung and its appliance......

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
pembsbeerbosun
First Poster
Options

Hi.  
I have the same model eco bubble six years old. Issues were that cycle would pause mid wash.  Pressing start button would recommence cycle. Sometimes running until completion and others needing restart.  
searched these forums and YouTube.  A common issue seems to be some of the soldered joints on the main PCB have become dry and causing intermittent  stops.  Using a YouTube video I attempted to repair the PCB soldered joints.  (My previous occupation was comms and radar technician so well within my ability). Reheated as many joints as I could and the issue was resolved for a month or so.  I ordered a replacement PCB from an approved dealer for £120.   Have this morning fitted the new PCB myself, recalibrated the washing machine and have now run two wash loads with no issues.  I believe this is a common issue across many eco bubble washing machine models. 

0 Likes