Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Washing machine not using softner

(Topic created on: 13-11-2021 02:35 PM)
Jinky1807
First Poster
Options

Purchased series 5+ ww80t534dan/s1 in January. Worked fine until recently when I noticed it is not using any softener. We have always used the auto dispense setting on High dosage.  We have the detergent auto dose off as we use capsules that go into the drum.  Any advice greatly appreciated

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page maybe helpful to you

Dispenser drawer issues in Samsung washing machine

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01207154/
0 Likes
Jinky1807
First Poster
Options
Hi Steve, thanks for reply. Tried this with no luck, have since read lots of posts regarding the same issue with the general view that the softener dispensing operation fails over time as a common fault...
0 Likes
Members_AlK7PGO
First Poster
Options

I am also reading the same.  Mine seems to have blocked (or otherwise stopped using conditioner) after a single wash 😮

0 Likes
Jaymark
Pioneer
Options

Hi Jinky

You’ve most likely read my postings.  Had my machine for three years.  And three failed gaskets repaired twice. 

They last about 7-8 months then they fail again.  The fabric softener degrades the gasket in the auto-dispense pump turning it into a formless band of jelly. 
it’s a design fault and I’m trying to get this sorted. 

you should in the first instance write to the retailer that you bought the machine. 
design faults are not warranty dependent and as such purchasing a machine not fit for purpose is a breach of contract. 
they have to either repair it (but it’ll fail again) or replace it.  
I am about to write to RGB Direct and exercise those rights. 
After that it’s Small Claims.  But they cannot win given there is a clear design fault.  

I’ll keep you posted.  
Good luck!