Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Washing machine not starting cycle

(Topic created on: 20-11-2020 04:35 PM)
SallyT
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

can anyone help... my washing machine won't start, I turn it on deject the programme and it starts and goes for about a minute before stopping.

model: Wf80f5e5u4x

all lights are on but flash like it's stuck and won't go any further.

please help

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26
Jelephant
Student
Options

Hiya Andnichol,

So glad your machine got fixed and is working well.

Did your local washing machine guy say what the problem was please? We seemto have a similar problem with ours and wondering if it is the motherboard? We have a quote from Samsungs preferred engineering company, but worried we will be charged thier extortionate call out fee to be told the machine is irreparable.

Thanks in advance. 

0 Likes
Jelephant
Student
Options
Hiya @tessel4.... Did you get your machine fixed? Sounds like similar problem here and we are dilemma of to repair or buy new?
Thanks
0 Likes
Andnichol
First Poster
Options

Hi Jelephant, 

I'm pretty sure it was the carbon brush that was replaced. Seemed easy to do and he had one with him. Think it's was £60 all in. 
Our machine was just out of warranty so was the only option and was worth it! 

0 Likes
Tgrant
First Poster
Options

Hello Andnichol, 

What did the issue end up being?

0 Likes
Portsd
First Poster
Options

Hi - ive got this exact same issue. Do we not what fixed the problem?

0 Likes
Andnichol
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

Yes got it sorted. It was the carbon brush that was replaced. Seemed easy to do and he had one with him. Think it was £60 all in. 

Our machine was just out of warranty so was the only option and was worth it! Went through a local appliance e

0 Likes
chezg151
Student
Options
I had the same problem even had a local engineer come out. He told me it was the motor and would cost to much to fix. I phoned samsung and the said run a wool cycle. I couldn't believe it. It now spins and is working perfect. Guys try a wool cycle. I was so close to not trying it as I tried every other program. But it sorted my problem
Laura Simpson
First Poster
Options

Worked for me! Thank you! It is still faulty intermittently but at least it’s bought me some time to replace it! 

0 Likes
Andnichol
First Poster
Options

Glad to hear you got it sorted…..we’ve had to replace ours now but we did get a 25% off loyalty voucher from Samsung which made it a little less painful. The machines seem so much better now than 4/5 years ago. 

0 Likes
Sowais
First Poster
Options

Try the Wool cycle 

I had the same issue yesterday, the door was locked and it was not able to start any cycle 

I choose Wool cycle and press start 

After 5 mins it start working then 5C error came out, I turn it off and on the start the wool cycle again and it worked perfectly fine 😃 

0 Likes