Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Washing Machine Dispenser Light Flashing

(Topic created on: 02-05-2021 10:21 PM)
Destamona
Apprentice
Options

When I start a wash, water goes in the powder dispenser, the light flashes and then it just stays like that. I've cleaned the dispenser and filter. I've tried different settings and its the same. The only setting that works is the spin cycle. And I'm not getting an error message either. Its really frustrating. I've read the manual and there's no advice in there. 

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
AndrewL
Options

@Destamona: Please can you confirm the full model number of your machine, located on a sticker on the inside of the door or drum, and I will look into this for you? 

0 Likes
Destamona
Apprentice
Options

WW70J5555X/EU or

Sorry there's 2 sets of numbers!

0 Likes
Solution
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Thanks for that @Destamona .

I have found these two things that can be checked to fix this:

1. If the amount of auto dispense detergent drawer is not enough to run two rounds of laundry, the light may blink.

In this case, more detergent shall be supplemented.

2. If the detergent drawer is not fully closed, two buttons([Auto detergent], [Auto Softner]) might blink or make sounds like 'ding dong ding dong'. Please tightly close the drawer again.

0 Likes
Destamona
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for replying I did check the drawer was closed properly but I didn't know about adding enough detergent. I'll try this and get back to you.

Destamona
Apprentice
Options

How embarrassing 😳 

I've had this washing machine 3 years and this has never happened before. Its working fine now. Thank you so much!

0 Likes
Destamona
Apprentice
Options

I spoke too soon I managed 1 wash and then it went back to doing the same thing. Now it won't turn on!

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Oh no! Just to check if we are both on the same page @Destamona, the washing machine is not turning on? 

0 Likes
Destamona
Apprentice
Options

Yes, the power is on at the wall. When pressing the power on button on the machine, it will not turn on. I'm going to ask a friend to pull it out and check the plug.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

That is fine @Destamona. If the washing machine doesn't work after that please contact our Support Team so they can arrange a repair: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/service-centre/