Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Washing machine disconnects from Smart Things

(Topic created on: 05-02-2022 05:30 PM)
magicuk
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I recently purchased a Samsung washing machine (WW10T554DAN_GH) which has WiFi. After adding the washer to my WiFi it appears online in the Smart Things app. However, after a while it appears as "offline" even though the washing machine itself reports on the display that it is connected to the WiFi network and I can see from my router that it is still connected.

I can also see from the router logs that the washer is getting its IP address ok via DHCP periodically and I can also ping the washer.

The only way I have found to get the washer to show as online in Smart Things is to power it off at the wall. Annoyingly the plug is behind the washer so the only way to power cycle it without moving the washer is to remove power via the fuse box which is not ideal.

I've also observed that trying to reset the WiFi settings on the washer only works if you power cycle it also.

Regards,

Neil.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
magicuk
Apprentice
Options

Hi all,

After updating my WiFi access point the issue was resolved.

Apologies for not replying sooner,

Regards,

Neil.

View solution in context

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page may be of help to you

Home appliance disconnects from SmartThings

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01008498/#:~:text=If%20an%20appliance%20you'
0 Likes
magicuk
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

Thanks for the link but the only thing that works is to physcially turn the washing machine on/off at the mains to get it to appear as connected in Smart Things. I have other IoT devices on my network from other manufacturers and they all work fine - it's just the washing machine.

I am using a Unifi Dream Machine (UDM) as my router. I notice that another Samsung customer also has the same issue as me: https://iot.stackexchange.com/questions/5964/samsung-smartthings-washer-and-dryer-unable-to-connect-...

Regards,

Neil.

Christian Schou
First Poster
Options

My washer connects to wifi just fine, but when I push the app button on the machine to controll it from the app, it disconnects from wifi and shows as disconnected in the app. Pushing the button again and returning to manual mode reestablishes wifi connection. Very frustrating!

Members_k2yvynY
First Poster
Options

I am experiencing exactly the same issue as Christian. The washing machine connects to Wi-Fi and shows in the Smart Things app as connected. AP mode remote connection used to work fine, and I was able to control the machine and the washing cycle through the phone app. Now when I press the AP connection button on the machine the app shows that the washing machine becomes disconnected. Powering it off and on again resets the connection between the Smart Things app and the washing machine, yet I am still unable to activate AP mode successfully.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Members_k2yvynY: As far as I am aware, you should not be required to re-establish the AP connection once you have successfully set it up. By pressing the Smart Control button to the right of the display, this will de-activate the feature if it was previously activated/synced with Smartthings. For further information, please refer to pages 46-48 of the user manual via the link below.

https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/202206/20220613123410245/U-PJT_WASHER-MD_SimpleUX_WEB_...

0 Likes
Solution
magicuk
Apprentice
Options

Hi all,

After updating my WiFi access point the issue was resolved.

Apologies for not replying sooner,

Regards,

Neil.

0 Likes
Gabi16
First Poster
Options

Hi Neil

How did you updated wifi acces points

I have the same issue with washing machine and dryer

Thank you in advance

Gabriel 

0 Likes
magicuk
Apprentice
Options

Hi Gabriel,

There was a software update some time ago for my Unifi Dream Machine which I use for WiFi in my home that for some reason resolved the issue for me.

Regards,

Neil.

0 Likes
Members_tEkWG8x
First Poster
Options

Dear Christian

I have the same issue. Did you resolve somehow?

0 Likes