Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Washing Machine Control Panel Display

(Topic created on: 08-10-2022 11:38 PM)
Plod
Explorer
Options

Hi,

We had a new Samsung washing machine installed today.  The control panel display seems very bright and almost blurred.  I cant see any option to turn it down.  Its like a protective sticker us over it, but I can see one there.  Samsung say its normal, but it seems poor for a quality brand.  I've put a photo below.  Anyone else got one of these, and is it the same ?  Model ww90t684dlh.  Thanks

20221007_230057.jpg

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

that does look extremely bright - we have WW90T534DAW , and I am pretty sure it does not look as bright as yours - into electronics a bit and there normally on LED displays is a resistor or resistors at different ohm values that control the brightness - but of course that shouldn't be something you would be required to do to go soldering in new resistors - all I will say is that if the LED segments are over driven then over time them digits are going to have missing segments - i dont know if you have ever seen panels on older washing machines with parts of the display missing but this could have been caused by the LED backlight being too bright / over voltage 

0 Likes
Plod
Explorer
Options

Thanks.  I'm going to see if we can see another switched on to compare.

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

@Plod wrote:

Thanks.  I'm going to see if we can see another switched on to compare.

thats a very good idea - I notice now in some electrical shops they have these Samsung's plugged in. was surprised when I went into my Local Currys store and pressed the button and it all lit up , in the old days they would not have one plugged in and working like that. 
but yes then you can see and compare how bright the display is on another one - have a look at one on their black ones as well like the WW90T534DAN . 

I would take a photo of mine but out on camera that would come out brighter on the photo than it actually is in real life

0 Likes
Plod
Explorer
Options
No worries. Thanks for all your help.
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

hope you get on OK

andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

while you are here and have a ww90t684dlh has that model definitely got the "twin water supply" feature which fills up the drum quicker with water? - at the top of the door gasket if its twin water supply there should be a hole at the top of the grey door gasket and water should exit from the top of the gasket and spray onto the clothes in the drum as well as filling up the drum from the bottom of the drum. I thought my ww90T534DAW would come with that type of twin water supply feature but it does not - dont worry if you dont know or cannot see it, I am just curious why they put it on some washing machines but not on others in the WW90T range
Thank you.

0 Likes
Plod
Explorer
Options

Ha....think you are talking French.  We needed a new machine...it was a good price and a good make so we bought....hopefully it washes ok..🤣

andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

ah right yeah, sorry to blind you with science. 😁 

Better thorough rinsing with the "twin water supply" feature and fills up the drum quicker shortening the time of the wash. But thanks anyway .