Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Washer won't start...what is this symbol?

(Topic created on: 12-12-2021 04:51 PM)
LeslieH
First Poster
Options

Washed some blankets this morning, and when I went to transfer them to the dryer, I noticed that the cycle hadn't completed and there was a slight "electrical fire" smell (for lack of a better description.  This red signal was on (nothing about the symbols in the owner's manual).  Cycle won't complete, washer won't restart.  Any ideas?  Thanks in advance. washer.jpeg

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Josh_S
Pioneer
Options

Hey Leslie, hope you're looking forward to the weekend as much as me! :smiling-face:

Which washing machine is it that you have? I'd be happy to try to identify the symbol you're seeing, as well as what's going on.

0 Likes
LeslieH
First Poster
Options

Model #WA44A3405AW

0 Likes
Josh_S
Pioneer
Options

Thanks for that. I've checked the manual, and the red symbol is the door lock. Have you already pressed the Power button on the display to cancel the cycle? This would lead to the door unlocking automatically.

0 Likes
LeslieH
First Poster
Options

I'll try that when I return home.  Thank you! (You're WAY more helpful than the Samsung on-line bots!)

0 Likes
Josh_S
Pioneer
Options

It's no problem at all. One other thing I would recommend after you get the door open is making a note of exactly where the smell you mentioned seems to be coming from. Depending on the answer, I'll have a better idea of what you're experiencing.

I've made a note of this thread, so I'll be checking it regularly in case you post another update. :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Jake261
First Poster
Options

Hey, I have this same problem but haven’t noticed any kind of smell with it. The symbol comes up while it’s washing and the washing machine don’t seem to be washing properly! I have no trouble locking or unlocking the door but that symbol is there and it ain’t working like it was 2 days ago🤦🏾‍♂️

0 Likes
Charlotte 4
First Poster
Options

i have the same problem but when I pushed the power button the lid lock never unlockd and the red bottom of the door and the lock is the only light I can get to come on 

0 Likes
Shirlza
First Poster
Options

Our washer had this symbol on today when I wanted to do a was, I don't know how to get it off, the door is locking and unlock. It's stuck on the spin cycle. Any hides how to reset the washer

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Shirlza: Please can you confirm the model number of your washing machine, located on the sticker on the inside of the door or drum, and I will explore your available options. In the meantime, if you have access, try unplugging the machine for 5 minutes, then plug it back in to see if this helps. 

0 Likes