Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Washer won’t run a clean cycle

(Topic created on: 25-03-2021 05:07 PM)
rconverse
Apprentice
Options

Hopefully someone else has had this problem. 

model :WA40J3000AW/A2

Washer will fill to do a rinse + spin cycle, but will not run ANY clean cycle. We’ve removed the hoses and cleaned the traps. Water is flowing out of valves, hoses fill. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi @rconverse, I've edited out your Serial number as it's personal to you/washer.  

Moving on to some troubleshooting, is there any error code on the display? Also, have you tried calibrating it? 

Here is the most common method to do this:

• Remove everything from your washer.
  • Simultaneously press and hold Temp. and Delay End for 3 seconds until Cb appears on the display.
  • Press Start/Pause. The tub will rotate back and forth for 1-3 minutes, then display En, End, or 0, then turn off. The washer is now calibrated.

Note: On some models, you do Step 2 while the washer is already on. On other models, you start with the washer off, hold the two buttons, and then touch Power to turn on the washer while holding the buttons.

0 Likes
rconverse
Apprentice
Options

Sorry about that - I’ve removed the serial number completely. The extra large light is flashing, which lets me know the washer is unable to fill. 

I don’t have some of the buttons you are talking about to calibrate I have attached a picture of my buttons for reference.

image.jpg

0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options

Thanks for this, and not to worry. The Extra Large LED flashing suggests some sort of water issue. I can see that this is not a European/UK origin washer, can you just clarify which country are you based in? Best option will be to get it inspected by an engineer.  

0 Likes
rconverse
Apprentice
Options

I’m in the USA, I was afraid of that. As we’re out of warranty, having service come look at it is more than getting new!

sheriandbrian
First Poster
Options

We had the same problem. All of a sudden, the washing machine would run right and would only have dashed lines go around in circles on the display. We tried everything. The door was stuck in lock for a while, then we finally got it unlocked, but keep getting the dashed lines going around in a circle . It is a top load active washer and is only 1 year old.

0 Likes
Kevin136
First Poster
Options

Did you fix it? How? 

0 Likes