Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Washer stuck in rinse/spin cycle WW80J555FX/EU

(Topic created on: 23-01-2022 06:52 PM)
CarleneJenkins
Student
Options
Front loading washing machine is glitching when it comes to the rinse and spin cycle on the program or even when just switched to spin.

It gets stuck in a loop where it won't complete the cycle and then the timer just starts over again.

So for example it completes whatever program it starts and then when it comes to rinsing and spinning it will say 36 mins. It then goes down to 34/33mins and then will cut out and go back to 36mins again.

Then turn it off to restart and put it on spin only.

Starts off at 13mins gets to 11mins stays on 11mins for an age, starts to spin up, timer skips up to 9mins timer then may go down to 6 or 5 mins at full spin and then timer goes back to 13 mins again and repeat.

Machine was bought around April 2018. So just about 2years old.

No error codes come up.

Smart check also comes up with nothing.

Machine was bought with 5 year Samsung warranty which has been registered.

Thanks

Carlene

0 Likes
38 REPLIES 38
Dirtylaundry
Journeyman
Options

Carlene, thanks so much for taking the time to reply about what your problem ended up being. It makes sense that the loose wire could be my problem too.

For others reading these posts, if I find a loose wire I’ll post where it was located so others can have an easier/less expensive solution to this problem than having three mother board replacements. 

0 Likes
Washing Load
First Poster
Options

Hi Dirtylaundry,

I seem to have the exact same problem with my washing machine. Did you find that loose wire also and the emplacement?

Thank you 😊 

0 Likes
Dirtylaundry
Journeyman
Options

Follow up to my last post. Because of this forum I have managed to fix my washer. My solution was similar but not identical to what repairman did to fix OP’s machine. When I took the back panel off the washer I found a plastic bracket that holds a wire harness had broken off the back of the tub. There were no loose wires evident in the pack of wires that the bracket was supposed to hold. The bracket is located at the bottom right of the back of the tub. I used a Velcro cable management strap to hold the bracket in place. This fixed the problem. So either there was a wire that was loose or possibly the sensor on the end of one of the wires is sensitive and when the wire shook during the spin cycle it tripped and the machine reset the cycle over and over. Regardless, the plastic bracket is not engineered to handle the forces exerted on it when the machine spins with an imbalanced load. 

Dirtylaundry
Journeyman
Options

I found a similar but not identical problem with my machine. See below for a detailed explanation.  

0 Likes
tbomb80
Student
Options

Thank you Dirtylaundry and OP for the posts, super helper! I took the back panel off and found what I think is the exact same thing, photo below. The plastic bracket had broken off, there was a screw with some plastic fragments still attached to the tub which I removed, I then secured the plastic bracket to the tub using some Gorilla tape and this seems to have fixed the issue, I've run a spin cycle and one full bedding cycle without issue.

Samsung, is this a manufacturing defect?

WashingMachineFix.png

0 Likes
TomG90
First Poster
Options

F14E6BF4-D51C-4F72-970C-D1283148581A.jpeg

Hi, 

Bit late to the party on this one but I seem to be having a very similar issue, where machine first stopped on about 19 minutes during a daily wash cycle but now won't get past the first minute or so on any cycle before returning to original cycle time and never gets to spin on any mode. 

I've followed the steps and removed the back plate but have a different wiring setup to what others seem to have and no clear signs of anything broken. 

Am I missing something or any other suggestions?? 

Thanks! 

0 Likes
tbomb80
Student
Options

Quick update, the tape did not hold and I eventually needed to secure the bracket with zip ties, this involved drilling an additional hole in the piece of sheet metal.

0 Likes
tbomb80
Student
Options

With the issue I had, the bracket braking resulted in some of the wires becoming slightly unplugged over time. Have you tried making sure all the connectors and clipped/pushed in all the way?

0 Likes
TomG90
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the quick responses! While the wiring / bracketed on my machine seems to differ from the earlier posters photo, I've tried taping the wires where they are and checked to make sure no obvious loose connections at the back. I've just started a cotton cycle with no load and it's started okay but have a feeling when I gets to spinning the dtum itll bug out again 

Did anyone else have wiring like mine and have this issue or have a different solution to fixing the problem? 

0 Likes
Pzpzpzpz
First Poster
Options

Totally fixed. Thank you smart people. How can technician not see this. This loose wire is literally the first thing you see after removing back cover. I think  Samsung designed flaw so you replace washer after 2-3 years. So for me there is one screw that attaches to a white piece of plastic that holds the cable harness  the white plastic failed. There is no where to place zip tie so I used the same screw to screw in a piece of steel with holes. Found another place to hold the harness. Total repair took 2 zip ties and 10min in total. I tried to explain this issue to a Samsung certified repairman and he tried to scare me and said it’s a system wide issue with Samsung and need motherboard replacement which would cost around $600. New machine is like $1000. My zip tie was i think 10 cents each. Good luck more lucky people that see this post. 

1D6DD604-2CC2-478E-89A1-2F2CEE525CA3.jpeg

733387C6-D4AA-47F1-9EF8-7777562486B7.jpeg

0 Likes