Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Washer stuck in rinse/spin cycle WW80J555FX/EU

(Topic created on: 10-04-2020 04:43 PM)
CarleneJenkins
Student
Options
Front loading washing machine is glitching when it comes to the rinse and spin cycle on the program or even when just switched to spin.

It gets stuck in a loop where it won't complete the cycle and then the timer just starts over again.

So for example it completes whatever program it starts and then when it comes to rinsing and spinning it will say 36 mins. It then goes down to 34/33mins and then will cut out and go back to 36mins again.

Then turn it off to restart and put it on spin only.

Starts off at 13mins gets to 11mins stays on 11mins for an age, starts to spin up, timer skips up to 9mins timer then may go down to 6 or 5 mins at full spin and then timer goes back to 13 mins again and repeat.

Machine was bought around April 2018. So just about 2years old.

No error codes come up.

Smart check also comes up with nothing.

Machine was bought with 5 year Samsung warranty which has been registered.

Thanks

Carlene

0 Likes
38 REPLIES 38
TessM
Mastermind
Options

That is fine. I would recommend giving a try at the steps provided by @Jam1eM. Let us know how that goes. 

0 Likes
Jam1eM
Samsung Pro
Options
If my advice doesn't work then you will need to get an engineer arranged.
Don't remove the back panel or any parts, this is both dangerous and also risks invalidating the warranty.

You can arrange an engineer if needed via www.samsung.com/support

I hope you get it sorted soon
0 Likes
CarleneJenkins
Student
Options
No joy.
Thanks for all the suggestions and help.
I'll have to try and book the engineer then.
0 Likes
CarleneJenkins
Student
Options
Well I don't know what to do now.
Due to the current climate I can't call the helpline to book a repair.
And my only other option coming up is to send a message and that's how I got here in the first place?
0 Likes
Jam1eM
Samsung Pro
Options

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/service-centre/ 

Try the above link, this will find your local service centre, you can try ringing them. 

Otherwise you need to go on live chat to get someone to arrange a visit. 

You can't arrange an engineer on the community page unfortunately. 

0 Likes
Bains2018
First Poster
Options

How did you make out with your machine? I am having the same problem with mine. 

0 Likes
b_jones
First Poster
Options

My same washer is having the same problem.  Things that happen often, often happen.
I am seeking the same resolution please.

0 Likes
Dsea863
Student
Options

Same problem and out of warranty . Washer keeps resetting the time to complete at rinse and spin. Called Samsung, no error code.

0 Likes
Dirtylaundry
Journeyman
Options

Same problem happening with my 2year old machine. Started after washing a couple of bath mats, which are heavy when wet. Machine can run an empty load without a problem but as soon as I try washing clothes it gets stuck on the rinse cycle and keeps looping.  Calibration done multiple times. Anyone have this problem and managed to get it fixed for a reasonable price?

0 Likes
CarleneJenkins
Student
Options
Yes mine did the same thing. It was under 5 year warranty (still is) and after contacting Samsung they sent out a local approved repair company.

They had to come out a total of 3 times.

First time the engineer said the motherboard needed replacing, replaced tested fine.

No sooner he left I put a wash on and still had the same problem.
Called company second visit the motherboard was replaced again, and when he tested it was flagging up more problems (such as needing a new door lock and various different sensors)
Engineer called Samsung for advice as he recommended that with all these problems that Samsung needed to replace the machine completely as under warranty.
They refused and said to try another motherboard.

Third visit... it turned out that a wire had come loose and when it went into spin the wire was contacting the metal drum causing the glitch. The wire had apparently come loose from having a too heavy load on the wrong setting.

So I'm now in the habit of washing on the cotton cycle as it weighs it an adjusts the cycle time appropriately. So for example it may start off saying 3 hours but will then cut it down to 1hour 45, all depending on the weight.
0 Likes