Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Washer stuck in rinse/spin cycle WW80J555FX/EU

(Topic created on: 10-04-2020 04:19 PM)
CarleneJenkins
Student
Options
Front loading washing machine is glitching when it comes to the rinse and spin cycle on the program or even when just switched to spin.

It gets stuck in a loop where it won't complete the cycle and then the timer just starts over again.

So for example it completes whatever program it starts and then when it comes to rinsing and spinning it will say 36 mins. It then goes down to 34/33mins and then will cut out and go back to 36mins again.

Then turn it off to restart and put it on spin only.

Starts off at 13mins gets to 11mins stays on 11mins for an age, starts to spin up, timer skips up to 9mins timer then may go down to 6 or 5 mins at full spin and then timer goes back to 13 mins again and repeat.

Machine was bought around April 2018. So just about 2years old.

No error codes come up.

Smart check also comes up with nothing.

Machine was bought with 5 year Samsung warranty which has been registered.

Thanks

Carlene

0 Likes
38 REPLIES 38
Jam1eM
Samsung Pro
Options

Hi Carlene, I'm sorry to hear your having some issues. 

This sounds very much like the unbalanced load detection system kicking in. What are you trying to wash? 

Usually I would suggest you try the washing machine empty on a 60°C or 90°C cycle to make sure it runs through the cycle. If it stops on an empty cycle we have bigger issues going on.

Hopefully this explains a little more about unbalanced loads:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Home-Appliances/Samsung-WW70k5210UX-stuck-on-9-minutes-on-spin-p... 

Let me know how you get on and also advise what sort of loads you are waahing when it occurs. 

Thanks

Jamie

0 Likes
CarleneJenkins
Student
Options

Thanks for your reply.

Just a normal daily wash 60°c 2 rinses and 1400 spin.

It worked on empty.

I had tried all the unbalanced load tips before contacting you guys.

My other half has double checked the machine and it's totally level.

Loaded clothes back in with a hands width gap up top

Please view the attached video. Around half way when the machine is at 7mins it resets back to 13, with no error codes.

Also noticed there is an audible squeaking noise now.

https://youtu.be/F114qvzhKro 

Carlene 

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Thanks for the video @CarleneJenkins What happens when the washing machine goes back to 7 minutes? Is the display increasing the time to 13 minutes again?

0 Likes
CarleneJenkins
Student
Options
Yes display increases back to 13mins
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Is this happening with all the cycles and loads or a particular one @CarleneJenkins ? Have you tried to re-calibrate the washing machine? To do this follow the steps listed on this page

0 Likes
CarleneJenkins
Student
Options
Yes, happening on all cycles and loads.
Recalibrated the machine also.
0 Likes
Jam1eM
Samsung Pro
Options
Chuck a couple of towels in with that load and pop it on a rinse and spin cycle, press rinse button so number of rinses goes to zero, the press start this will do a spin cycle only.

I can see in the drum that is a light load and the drum is wobbling alot suggesting an unbalanced load. The extra towels should balance it out. See how that goes.
The time jumping occurs because it wants to spin the load and will keep trying to spin the load, it slows down to try and readjust it.
TessM
Mastermind
Options

What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far @CarleneJenkins  so we don't repeat ourselves? When and where did you purchase the appliance? 

0 Likes
CarleneJenkins
Student
Options
@jam1eM
ok. I'll put more into that load and just try what you said (not gonna hold my breath though)

@TessM
I've tried all information that I could find that doesn't involve taking the machine to pieces
(So for example I haven taken the back off to see if the spider arms are broken, or if a plastic plastic bracket needs zip tieing up)
As that is some of the problems other people have occurred.

Bought the machine nearly two years ago
Aproximately April or May of 2018.
From Curries PC World.
0 Likes