Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WASHER SEAL FAULT

(Topic created on: 18-02-2022 11:31 PM)
Maggz
Explorer
Options

Seal has broken on a SAMSUNG washer less than 6 months old. Advised not under warranty as its a perishable,  would not expect it to have perished so soon surely.

I paid upwards of £600 now they want me to pay a few hundred of my own money to have to repaired  my washing machine is useless as water empties from it flooding my kitchen when the seal has torn.

Surely it should withstand being loaded and uploaded I have had other brands with no issues. SAMSUNG is suppose to be a well made product not at the cheaper end of the market

How many people need to complain before it's taken as a manufacturing fault. My friends have checked online and seen thus is a recurring issue.

20220218_162106.jpg

220 REPLIES 220
MGG30
Journeyman
Options

Hi Leighton… you could consider making a chargeback claim ( faulty  goods/ not fit for purpose) through your bank ( debit or credit card). It’s easy to do and can be done online via your account.

Mail Samsung / Retailer  first to inform them and let the bank see this site for evidence… then let them decide who is doing the right and fair thing!!  I have tried but My own bank will not process claims over 240 days.  You have a good chance of success and it’s quite a straightforward process.

Your post is very useful and has prevented me from buying a second seal.

Has anyone else had a second seal failing?

Hope this helps and best regards

Mike

0 Likes
Members_a0WSgF7
First Poster
Options

Exactly the same problem here. A little crescent missing in exactly the same spot 

I don't know Samsung support here in Portugal. Will report back in either case.

Jaime

0 Likes
Leighton Corbett
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for info, I will give it a shot. 

Sam7777777
First Poster
Options

This is very bad washing machine, I read all reviews hundreds Samsung washing machine buyer has the seal problem  and said not cover by warranty, but when I was buying Washing machine only been told that warranty 2years  , nobody tell you that which parts covered by warranty or not. 

0 Likes
Shah Uddin
First Poster
Options

Hi, I bought my washing machine from Argos 9 months ago,  door seal ripped exactly like everyone else’s on here, had a Samsung approved engineer come out and fix the damaged door seal on the 24/04/23 and it’s now ripped again, lasted less than 2 weeks this time. Complete joke. This is design/manufacturing fault by Samsung yet after all these complaints on this thread they are denying it. 

0 Likes
Maggz
Explorer
Options
So sorry to hear this is still happening to customers and Samsung are still sticking their heads in the sand. Have you contacted the Samsung approved engineer for a replacement or refund?
0 Likes
Maggz
Explorer
Options
Yes that's unfortunate you would expect the seal to be covered as an integral part of the machine, so why would you enquire, until something else goes wrong, perhaps the drum isn't covered either!
Shah Uddin
First Poster
Options

I haven’t contacted them yet, will do first thing Tuesday morning, as it’s a bank holiday weekend.

0 Likes
MGG30
Journeyman
Options

Hi  Shah… Hope you get a resolution with Samsung or the retailer.  You have to try but i think you will get the same response as everyone else.  If your machine was less than 6 months old I would recommend a chargeback claim with your bank…. As it’s over 6 months old you could consider making a Section 75 chargeback claim (faulty  goods/ not fit for purpose) through your bank (credit card). It’s easy to do and can be done online via your account.

Mail Samsung / Retailer  first to inform them and let the bank see this site for evidence… then let them decide who is doing the right and fair thing!!  I  am currently pursuing a Section 75 claim it’s quite a straightforward process.

Your post is very useful and adds more weight to my claim that the seal design is not fit for purpose.

The only other course I am aware of is through the Trading Standards / Small claims court which I am considering.

Hope this helps and best regards

Mike

0 Likes
Hypercast
Journeyman
Options

Literally the same thing happened to me today! My machine was £500 and less than 6 months old! What a joke! My old Beko lasted 7 years! Anyone get it covered under warranty?

0 Likes