Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WASHER SEAL FAULT

(Topic created on: 18-02-2022 11:31 PM)
Maggz
Explorer
Options

Seal has broken on a SAMSUNG washer less than 6 months old. Advised not under warranty as its a perishable,  would not expect it to have perished so soon surely.

I paid upwards of £600 now they want me to pay a few hundred of my own money to have to repaired  my washing machine is useless as water empties from it flooding my kitchen when the seal has torn.

Surely it should withstand being loaded and uploaded I have had other brands with no issues. SAMSUNG is suppose to be a well made product not at the cheaper end of the market

How many people need to complain before it's taken as a manufacturing fault. My friends have checked online and seen thus is a recurring issue.

20220218_162106.jpg

220 REPLIES 220
Britain2021
Apprentice
Options
Do you have this information? It's absolutely disgusting they get way with this .
0 Likes
Disapointed
Navigator
Options

They may have changed the wording of their useless warranty but if in England see Consumer Rights Act 2015 your claim is against retailer, and credit card company jointly if you used a credit card.  And if it damaged your property then potentially  the manufacturer. Send a Letter Before Legal action to retailer. 

0 Likes
Keerthi1
First Poster
Options

We have the same issue, less than 3 months seal has been broken so paid to get a new one again less than 6 than broken again. Both times not covered under warranty unfortunately.

0 Likes
Keerthi1
First Poster
Options

When was this?

0 Likes
Keerthi1
First Poster
Options

We had this issue twice, paid out once to fix it again and not doing it again as it's been fixed less than 6 months we have the same issue. 

0 Likes
Disapointed
Navigator
Options

Consumer Rights Act 2015

(1)Every contract to supply goods is to be treated as including a term that the quality of the goods is satisfactory.

(2)The quality of goods is satisfactory if they meet the standard that a reasonable person would consider satisfactory, taking account of—

(a)any description of the goods,

(b)the price or other consideration for the goods (if relevant), and

(c)all the other relevant circumstances (see subsection (5)).

(3)The quality of goods includes their state and condition; and the following aspects (among others) are in appropriate cases aspects of the quality of goods—

(a)fitness for all the purposes for which goods of that kind are usually supplied;

(b)appearance and finish;

(c)freedom from minor defects;

(d)safety;

(e)durability.

0 Likes
Disapointed
Navigator
Options

(e)durability

0 Likes
Maggz
Explorer
Options
So sorry to hear that you should have gone to the retailer you bought it from which, I eventually got a refund.
0 Likes
Disapointed
Navigator
Options

I pursued retailer using Statute and Contract law refunded in full. 

0 Likes
Keerthi1
First Poster
Options

I wish I did, when it broke in the first place but instead paid to get it fixed via Samsung and it's broken again 😢

0 Likes