Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WASHER SEAL FAULT

(Topic created on: 26-05-2023 03:14 PM)
Maggz
Explorer
Options

Seal has broken on a SAMSUNG washer less than 6 months old. Advised not under warranty as its a perishable,  would not expect it to have perished so soon surely.

I paid upwards of £600 now they want me to pay a few hundred of my own money to have to repaired  my washing machine is useless as water empties from it flooding my kitchen when the seal has torn.

Surely it should withstand being loaded and uploaded I have had other brands with no issues. SAMSUNG is suppose to be a well made product not at the cheaper end of the market

How many people need to complain before it's taken as a manufacturing fault. My friends have checked online and seen thus is a recurring issue.

20220218_162106.jpg

219 REPLIES 219
Maggz
Explorer
Options
No sorry I do not believe anyone has had it repaired under warranty since Samsung changed the warranty not to cover it. Which may be about coming up 2 years. By the related posts many customers are experiencing similar issues and others.
0 Likes
Hypercast
Journeyman
Options

Just spoke to customer relations and they said they won’t honour any repairs. How can they sell a machine with a clear design fault?

Disapointed
Navigator
Options

Yes so, if the UK,  you have route to claim for the damage to the kitchen. And the appliance with retailer and CC company if used their card. Lots of testimony to inherent fault.

0 Likes
scousedavid
Apprentice
Options

Hello , i have the same issue , 9 months in and the seal is gone , been told . might not be covered under warranty , total disgrace , what did you do , to get a full refund

Badoubade
Student
Options

After a long attempt to get Samsung to admit that our 3 months old washing machine door seal broke due to a clear defect, I gave up.

even the repair person they sent (What a criminal!) told me that it was a defect, but decided on the report to write otherwise and blame it on the spring or something, that was pulled...

Anyway, I am going to vote with my money, and decided to not only stop buying Samsung, but also sold my Samsung tablet and 3 phones at home.

I have now bought 2 Sony and one Pixel phone, and gone with an Apple iPad for the tablet.

Very disappointed with Samsung, but there are alternatives...

Good luck to you all, but I can tell you they have no leadership to escalate to. They are no longer focusing on customer satisfaction!

Badoubade
Student
Options

First thing you can do is stop buying Samsung.

If you can, do what I did and hit Twitter, Facebook, Insta etc. and just let people know how bad Samsung has become...

Disapointed
Navigator
Options

I totally agree. However I got a refund from my retailer.  In England my understanding  of my statutory rights with the retailer was that  a claim possible up to 6 years after purchase and in the first 6 months it is up to the retailer to prove the fault is not inherent (but do you own research). There is enough testomony here in my opinion of an inherent fault. 

After a refund I bought Siemens and now we avoid ALL Samsung - for everything!  'Once bitten twice shy'

0 Likes
Disapointed
Navigator
Options

Pursued the retailer about an inherent fault

0 Likes
Disapointed
Navigator
Options

I pursued the retailer for a refund sucessfully and got compensation from Samsung

0 Likes
Hypercast
Journeyman
Options

Wow, that’s great news! I just paid £144 for a repair! I’m thinking of claiming through my credit card company. Has anyone else been successful? I purchased my washing machine in November.

0 Likes