Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WASHER SEAL FAULT

(Topic created on: 20-02-2022 12:26 AM)
Maggz
Explorer
Options

Seal has broken on a SAMSUNG washer less than 6 months old. Advised not under warranty as its a perishable,  would not expect it to have perished so soon surely.

I paid upwards of £600 now they want me to pay a few hundred of my own money to have to repaired  my washing machine is useless as water empties from it flooding my kitchen when the seal has torn.

Surely it should withstand being loaded and uploaded I have had other brands with no issues. SAMSUNG is suppose to be a well made product not at the cheaper end of the market

How many people need to complain before it's taken as a manufacturing fault. My friends have checked online and seen thus is a recurring issue.

20220218_162106.jpg

220 REPLIES 220
Kornizz
Pioneer
Options
I had same problem with seal but was fixed by samsung for free.
Seal is under warranty.
Maggz
Explorer
Options

I am so glad you got a resolution, if you have any suggestions I would really appreciate it. They are still telling me out of Warranty range as perishable so not covered. Got that response Saturday after I emailed them regarding it.

Jo91
Apprentice
Options

We purchased a washer dryer  4 months ago and registered it for the warranty. We used the dryer for the first time last week to dry some towels. When we removed the towels part of the seal at the bottom fell off (in the same place as your picture shows). We are having to pay £107 for an engineer to come out an repair it but have been told that if its a manufacturing fault, we will get a refund. Speaking to the customer service call taker and engineer I’m not expecting to get a refund as they are saying it’s a user fault. I thought Samsung was supposed to make quality, reliable products but from research it doesn’t look like. Very disappointed that in the product and customer services

32684D2C-FEB6-4C92-A7ED-9CA16C392029.jpeg

EamonK
Journeyman
Options

Same thing happened to our washing machine. Apparently they changed the warranty recently to exclude seals:

IMG_20220511_072609.jpg

EamonK
Journeyman
Options

Did you get it covered by samsung? 

0 Likes
Jo91
Apprentice
Options

Hi, no they didn’t cover it for ours. Apparently it’s wear and tear caused by not doing up zips and pulling them out. Which is weird because I’d not been doing anything different with this washing machine that I have in all my life, and I’ve never had this issue before. But there we are, they refused to cover it all the same. 

Maggz
Explorer
Options
Hi there

After 3 months I still have not had it repaired by Samsung nor Currys where u purchased it. Emails them again 2 days ago

It has a warranty but no extra cover

0 Likes
Maggz
Explorer
Options
Hi there

Just had another recent post they change the warranty recently to not cover it I suspect this is because so many customers are having issues.

I have ask what real life testing was carried out including loading and unloading as you can guess still waiting.

How did you get it repaired, I also asked how many customers have to report it before it is looked at as a manufacturing fault.

Jo91
Apprentice
Options

That’s terrible they’ve still not sorted it. 
samsung sent an engineer out and it was fixed within a week of us complaining but it did cost us £107