Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Washer drains before new cycle

(Topic created on: 07-01-2022 11:50 AM)
RJuk
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

We have a Samsung washer ecoBubble, and I’m over all very satisfied with it.

A bit of a random question, I run a 60 degree cycle every month with a liquid cleaning solution for washing machines. It’s poured into the detergent drawer and obviously flow directly into the drum.

When I start a cycle, the washer do a quick draining, which I assume is for any remaining water that might still be in the machine from previous wash.

My question; will this initial draining also drain the cleaning solution I pour in, or does it only drain from a specific compartment that’s enclosed from the main drum, so any solution will remain in the machine?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
It usually empties the drum of any water before it uses the tray with detergent to start washing
0 Likes
RJuk
Journeyman
Options

Unfortunately not in this case, as when I pour the solution in the detergent compartment it runs directly into the drum, why I’m not sure if the initial draining will literally drain the solution I just poured in …. Because if that’s the case, I should wait to pour it in, until the draining is done.

antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Or use a powder based cleaner instead. We use Hotpoint Washing Machine 3in1 Limescale Descaler & Detergent Remover (sold as WPro on some sites, not Hotpoint but it's the same thing) in our LG and Neff appliances

0 Likes