Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Warranty Registration of Washing machine

(Topic created on: 07-05-2021 01:18 PM)
peter13
Apprentice
Options

I have just registered my new washing machine on the Samsung site but am I stupid in thinking that's all I have to do for the product to have been registered for the warranty? No other details such as date of purchase or name of supplier were requested and  no warranty registration documents came with the appliance. The registered product appears in the 'my appliances' section but will that be enough if, 18 months down the line, I have a fault that requires the warranty protection which typically used to involve all the hoops to jump through such as purchase dates, copies of invoices etc. I am suspicious that this is too easy. 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Happy to respond to this @peter13 .You can check the purchase date on the receipt which is what we will need to establish the true warranty. If you don't keep a copy of this the warranty will be applied from the manufacturing date on our system. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @peter13 ,

the standard warranty is automatically applied to all our products from the date of purchase. However, if you are referring to the extended warranty, you will need to register this within 90 days of purchase from the following link to take advantage of it: https://www.samsung.com/uk/fiveyearwarranty/

0 Likes
peter13
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for your reply. It was mainly for the basic warranty registration so I am glad I don't need to anything more. I had seen the extended 5 year warranty but my model does not qualify. Thanks again for putting my mind at rest.

peter13
Apprentice
Options

Having re-read your original reply to my query about the basic registration of my new washing machine you have simply stated something that is obvious in that all warranties apply from the date of purchase. However, my point was that no dates of purchase (or any other details) were asked for when I registered my appliance on the Samsung site so how does anyone know when it was bought and, more to the point, how will I prove my warranty status in the future should the need arise? I may have registered this appliance 6 weeks after I bought it  but I doubt that my supplier would have informed Samsung of the serial number so on the face of it I may be getting more than two years warranty. I may (and do!) sound pedantic about this but I have had  previous experience of having to use warranties and it is easier to sort out these matters in the calm of normality than in the chaos of a domestic crisis when things have gone wrong!!

0 Likes
Solution
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Happy to respond to this @peter13 .You can check the purchase date on the receipt which is what we will need to establish the true warranty. If you don't keep a copy of this the warranty will be applied from the manufacturing date on our system. 

0 Likes
peter13
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for your reply. Will follow your advice. Apologies for the delay in responding but was busy putting out the washing!!

Washing Machine1
First Poster
Options

how do you get service for a washer that is only 8 month's old

0 Likes