Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warranty 10 years for fridge

(Topic created on: 24-07-2020 06:34 PM)
JOYCE34
Apprentice
Options

65004ADA-F3D0-4425-860A-AC3517A60D56.jpeg

 this fridge I bought 4 years ago, three times it has been turned off by itself and I lost nearly €300 on goods in the freezer. So I have made an appointment with Samsung for repair. I have to pay an amount for the repair. What about the warranty for 10 years? I am a bit shocked I have to pay for something that should not have broken in the first place. Samsung is an established label and I am not PLEASED with paying for it. I have bought Samsung for the quality but it breaks down after four years I am quite disappointed.

has anybody experienced similar failure of the fridge and what did you do about the warranty and the bill? Thanks in advance 

12 REPLIES 12
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @JOYCE34 ,

I'm sorry to hear that this happened to your fridge. The manufacturer's warranty on Samsung Refrigerators is 2 years from the original date of purchase. Depending on the model and age of your Samsung Refrigerator the warranty on the motor will be either be a 5 or 10-year warranty. We do also offer an extended warranty, however, in order to use this, you will need to register the appliance on our page within 90 days of the purchase date. 

JOYCE34
Apprentice
Options

Hi TessM,

Thank you for your reply. It has been a while since I have bought the fridge. I can not recall whether I have registered it or not. 

But I still find it strange that such an outstanding label manufactured a fridge which is worn out after a few years.  And that is my concern in this matter. I have read a lot of reactions about unsatisfied customers about this. Is there a way to get through the board of  Samsung? 

TessM
Mastermind
Options

My pleasure! I'm sad to hear that you feel that way,. I'm unable to say what has caused this to stop working. However, if you'd like you can try to reach a different Support Centre to get a second opinion or contact us using any of our alternative contact methods, found here. 

JOYCE34
Apprentice
Options

TessM! Great thanks for your advice I will surely make contact within a few days. Have a great weekend!:thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Many thanks, you too!

0 Likes
Steven R
First Poster
Options

Hi

We just bought a fridge freezer and I've registered for the 5 year warranty for parts & labour but my question is do I still need to register for the ''digital inverter technology - 10 year - on the compressor warranty'' because I can't seem to find a registration page, so i'm assuming this is already included. 

david22
First Poster
Options

What do I need to do to get my 10 year warranty on my new fridge?

0 Likes
Chanmeet
First Poster
Options

Hi,

we are in same situation, it’s less than 2.5 years and fridge is already broken. The fridge started on  & off with weird noice s year ago  , finally broke on  Sunday morning. Contacted customer care on Sunday was told to send receipt by email.They replied after two days .On email they said some one will contact us with 2-3 business days. What a pathetic service . They are taking so long. How can you survive without fridge. Even after week I am not sure wether they will repair free or will charge us. It’s so stressful. We never had such issue with any of our electronic items.normally companies book quick repair. 

0 Likes
Jam1eM
Samsung Pro
Options

Hi

The warranty information page can be found here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/warranty/ 

It includes information about the standard warranty period, and promotional extended warranty registration process and the inverter compressor warranty. 

The 10 year inverter compressor warranty covers the inverter compressor part only and doesn't include call out or labour. (The inverter compressor warranty does not require registration). 

HTH

0 Likes