Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Undescribed blinking symbol

(Topic created on: 15-12-2018 06:56 PM)
cpede
First Poster
Options

I have an undescribed blinking symbol on my 4 month washing machine WD80J6400AW/EE.  What does it mean and how to get rid of it?What does this mean?What does this mean?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Solution
TracyR
Options

Hey @cpede

This symbol is nothing to worry about, this is the 'Eco Drum Clean' symbol.

Eco Drum Clean is an eco-friendly cleaning cycle designed to remove detergent residue and build up. The Eco Drum Clean cycle should be run every forty washes. To use the Eco Drum Cycle, press the Power button, turn the cycle selector to 'Eco Drum Clean', then press the Start/Pause button.

:smiling-face:

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

Darrenwilkinson1
First Poster
Options
UC error code on my 9kg ecobubble. I've googled it and it says a voltage supply issue. I've tried it on different wall sockets and still the same. Usually washes for about 5 or 10 mins then it appears.
My old bosch washer never had this issue.
What can I do?
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Darrenwilkinson1: As you correctly pointed out, this error is related to a fluctuation in the supply voltage of your machine. With this in mind, please attempt the steps below to see if you're able to resolve the issue.

• Check the power cord is plugged in properly. Switch off the appliance at the mains then wait 1 minute.
  • Check to make sure the washing machine is not connected to any other apparatus or to an extension cable.
  • Switch the appliance back on again and start a new programme.

If the problem persists, please reach out to our Help Desk via the link below, and an advisor will be able to arrange for the device to be inspected by an engineer. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

0 Likes
Ksee982
First Poster
Options

Hello, this has happened my 5 months old washing machine as well. After every wash, this red drum button comes up. 

im attempting to go for the eco drum clean; but it’s 70 temp and 2 hours for a wash. Assuming the eco drum clean would run empty, will this be not very “eco” in terms of electricity consumption and water usage? 

0 Likes
NaomiSndrs
First Poster
Options

Actually, that drum symbol does tell you something you need to do and it’s not to worry about but it’s a warning that tells you something needs to be done. When something is lighting or flashing in red, it’s obviously a warning.
Maintenance is needed for the best performance of your washer machine. 
The dum icon blinking red is advising you to run a self cleaning cycle. 
more information here:

https://youtu.be/rFy1NmEX9ss

0 Likes