Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to register new fridge freezer on Samsung Site

(Topic created on: 03-01-2021 08:38 PM)
KN_INUK
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I am unable to register newly bought fridge-freezer using the new product registration site. Site says the model I am trying to add is invalid model. It is the model I have bought and it even picks up the model number from SN I have provided.

Any idea why is the site unable to register the product? 

K*****ijN

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
InfinitePlayz15
Journeyman
Options
hey!
that's real strange. Although most times the websites are rendered useless. Maybe try using either the smart things app to register or contact support.
0 Likes
KN_INUK
Journeyman
Options
funny thing is that using Edge browser, I could register the fridge under my Samsung member but the same didn't work when I used Chrome.
however Samsung member doesn't ask receipt or purchase date so I hope that should not create any issue.
0 Likes
SueCooper
Student
Options

Hi - we are in exactly the same position. We tried to register our fridge freezer so that we can claim our cashback but the Samsung website says it is an invalid model, even though the Samsung website autofilled the model number from the serial number we provided.

Please let me know if you have any luck resolving the problem as we have gone round and round in circles trying to contact Samsung support but that seems to be equally useless and set up to avoid anyone actually being able to contact them. 

Regards - Sue

0 Likes
KN_INUK
Journeyman
Options
I didn't have answers on this query. I had even sent email to customer care number. response I had received was to register through local customer care i.e. UK customer care.
I haven't done anything after that. this reminds me to contact Samsung UK customer care
0 Likes
KN_INUK
Journeyman
Options
so finally got my hands on S21. first day of exploring the phone.. setting up apps.
no complaints so far. hope the phone keeps performing like this as the days go by
0 Likes
Gerr1
First Poster
Options

I am in the U.S. and had the same problem.  I went onto the registration page and then decided to start on online chat.  I got a representative from Samsung in Singapore.  The representative gave me a link to Samsung support in the U.S. and I was easily able to register my refrigerator/freezer.  It seems certain models are made for each country, so you have to make sure you are trying to register your product through Samsung in the UK or wherever in Europe you live.  If you haven’t registered your fridge-freezer yet, I think you can still do it.  Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Gerr1
First Poster
Options

See my response above (I’m Gerr1).  Go through the online support chat and they will send you a link to Samsung support in whatever country you live and then you will easily be able to register your product.  I worked on this for a couple of weeks before getting the issue resolved.  Good luck.

0 Likes