Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tumble dryer Series 6 WW90T684DLN/S1 won’t let me do laundry planner from SmartThings app all of a sudden

(Topic created on: 06-02-2023 12:56 PM)
CornishLass
Apprentice
Options

I have a ww90t684 which is under 2 months old.  Until today it has always allowed me to use the SmartThings app to do laundry planner to delay start of drying cycle, one of main reasons for purchase was ability to do this from my phone/tablet. Today my husband did usual put dryer on pressed the button on it for smartcontrol, light for this appeared, message to phone to say like normal. I then tried to do my end from phone, choose program, choose laundry planner to set time delay.  It won’t let me, tried on tablet, same thing.  I have ended up removing and factory resetting tumble dryer.  Adding again, no different.  The laundry planner bit will not allow me to click on it, i press on it, it won’t do anything.  Yet when I turn machine on at the actual machine and  press Smart Control button, messages come through to my phone/tablets saying the status of my tumbler dryer has been altered, which is what happens and light is on machine to show it is on.  Normally then I set the program/time delay from my device.  Another reason I’ve done it from there, if you do it on machine you can’t do it for say 6.30, it only allows you to do the hours on machine, but in app you can adjust the minutes bit as well.  I have also tried removing app and re downloading it to my phone.  Nothing I do is making a difference.  Hugely frustrated as it worked fine yesterday.  If I do the send to dryer option for a program from my device to machine, it works.  The app tells me the smartcontrol on my dryer is off, but it isn’t and machine says it is on, light is on still and all devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.  Help!  I don’t know why all of a sudden it is doing this!

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Jb134
First Poster
Options

Hi

We’re in exactly the same boat but with our washer. Smarthings and Smart Control all been working fine for the last 2 months but today nothing

Done all the usual resets etc but can’t control via our phones  and like you, we get notifications that smart control has been changed but we can’t start a cycle, only monitor 

Wondering if its just an issue today and hoping it will resolve itself  

Let me know if yours starts working please

0 Likes
CornishLass
Apprentice
Options

Hi well that is interesting makes me therefore think it is SmartThings app related that you are having the same thing.  Will let you know if we suddenly get a break through and it goes back to how it should.  It almost feels like the app has started to recognise the machines as ones that do not have these features, which could explain why all of a sudden it won’t let them be used.

0 Likes
SwissR
First Poster
Options

Good morning,

I am having the same issues. Have you had any luck with it working again? I am also sure it is something to do with the app as I cannot control both my dryer and washing machine from my phone and it was working fine on Saturday. 

0 Likes
Jb134
First Poster
Options

Morning 

We’ve still got the same issues but looks like it’s affecting more people. 

Will update if anything changes

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi all, I'm sorry to hear how you are being affected by this. Would you be able to share your mobiles devices models? Is the app fully up to date?

If so, have you tried to get in touch with the SmartThings app to see if they are aware of any issues related to this? You can find their contact details here: SmartThings UK Support

0 Likes
Jb134
First Poster
Options

Hi

I’m running ios16.3 on an iphone 14. 

Not been in touch with support yet but will do when i get 5 minutes 

0 Likes
SwissR
First Poster
Options

Hi, I am also using IOS 16.3 on IPhone 13.

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

what am I missing in this post? , a WW90T684DLN appears to be a Washing Machine - Samsung Tumble Dryers start with DV dont they ?

0 Likes
CornishLass
Apprentice
Options

Ah sorry that is my fault wrong one, it is when I looked at order for model number, apologies.  It is a Series 6 DV90T6240LN/S1 tumble dryer.  Phone and tablets I use for app all running latest versions of the iOS and this morning I have tried again and now it seems to be back working again and I have been able to use laundry planner from my iPad with no issues.  It is annoying though as because of yesterday I did a factory reset which means I’ve lost all the history in the app of energy used, which I found very useful to have.  The SmartThings app updated on both phone and iPads on 27.01.23 and worked fine up until my issues yesterday.  I am hoping this does not happen again and that it has resolved for others as well.